Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I need a way around the headlight drama I'm having. With the headlight unplugged the bike doesn't start but as I'm streetfightering it I'll be fitting a different front light. What's the best way around this failsafe?

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
Your post was up for just over twelve hours. The F1 wiring experts are probably all still in bed. Give it a minute.

If it doesn't get any bites here, post it in Electrical with a wiring diagram, and it'll be solved pretty quickly.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If you put a staple on to the poles on the connector from the wiring harness it'll tell the ECU or whatever that's its hooked up and will let the bike start

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your post was up for just over twelve hours. The F1 wiring experts are probably all still in bed. Give it a minute.

If it doesn't get any bites here, post it in Electrical with a wiring diagram, and it'll be solved pretty quickly.
Apologies, I'm in the UK so most of the time the guys I need help from are asleep and in the US.

Either way, thanks for the imput. Just gotta find out which wires are which that need bridging.

Taa. :)

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
No worries, and I wasn't trying to be a dick. Usually, with stuff like that, it's just a matter of finding which wires to tie together, but occasionally, it's something totally oddball like "use a 35 ohm 5W resistor to tie this wire to an ignition hot source". I figured you'd be better off with an answer from somebody who actually knew something about the bike than whoever just wandered in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts