Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. can someone point me in the right direction here? im looking for a single renthal type hand bar with risers.

is it normal to just get a new tripple tree top?
do most guys just drill a couple holes in the stock one?
i dont need a whole fancy kit costing $300+ just a couple risers and a bar.

the bike is a 94 cbr600 f2 if that helps.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Yes, just a simple drilling will work...just make sure your measurements are EXACT, or you will run into issues with your steering, etc...most riser bolts are 1/2" just FYI, so a 1/2" drill bit will work just fine. Also, make sure you drill at a 180 degree angle (straight up/down) or your risers will be offset, & cause steering issues as well.

I'm sure you already know that, but I wanted to forewarn you again...also, pics are a HUGE help. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like my tripple clamp will get the addition of two holes as soon as i can scrounge up the money! who woulda thought that taking everything non-essential off a bike would cost alot of money?

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
looks like my tripple clamp will get the addition of two holes as soon as i can scrounge up the money! who woulda thought that taking everything non-essential off a bike would cost alot of money?
ha ha tis tha replacement parts that cost tha moula' .;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
where you located buddy i have a cbr top yoke allready drilled and a set of basrs and risers that fit the same yoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ah im in the uk i think postage might kill but if you want to look in to it your welcome to

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Your clip-ons should be 22mm (also known as 7/8") So if you get new bars in that size your controls should be inter-changeable. You might want to check that measurement first though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.