Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im wondering why my headlight gets brighter with my rpm, my blinkers also dont work unless im at a certain rpm and everything dims when i hit the brake light. bike has a new voltage regulator, and a somewhat new battery. prevous owner said the stator was replaced within 6 months. any ideas?

·
old fart
3,762 Posts
check the voltage out put from the reg/rec to the battery, honda reg/rec's are
prone to failure, shouldn't be more than 14.5v at 5000rpm
also check the plastic connector between the stater and the reg/rec these are
prone to burning out

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
this could be a result of you puting the r/r in the battery box like i said in your build thread it needs to be bolted to metal to help distribrut the heat from the r/r to the metal normaly the frame im not sure if it earths it out to but not sure oon that one!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You might have already done the damage you need test it like Steve said if it's bad just replace it hope it is solving though!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might have already done the damage you need test it like Steve said if it's bad just replace it hope it is solving though!!!
i mean iv never had the bike running for more than 10 minutes at a time but ya ill deffinatly test it.

this may change things but the bike doesnt have any guages as of now. if i plug the stock gauges in, the blinkers work even with the bike off. well the battery on ofcourse

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Do you have a wiring diagram? If not get one also has the loom been fucked with at all by the previous owner if it has and it I'd causing problems you might want to think about getting a decent s/h loom them modifiy that to fit your new lay out!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.