Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new here, im on the verge of passing my test (been riding 10+ years ) so i thought id have me some thing id like to ride so i bought me a cbr600f1 1989, 0nly had it a few day and bare in mind i rode it home and well this happend ,lol

started off strippin it apart no pics of that bit but ,here one of it with no front end on, i strated by sorting th wiring loom out and moving back to where i want it .

so got the llom to this point where ill have to shortin it as im not running an air box there loads of room

tank on wiring loom hidden as much as i can for now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got a little bored to night so my mate pop over with some thing for me i went from this ,

stubby crap horrid thing that came with it which if i was building a rat fighter would look ace ,

to this , but need slight tweeks and welding up,

so that it really still need to sort so much out but it'll get there no rush as not passed me test yet comments welcome

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
So what are the plans?

The paint on the tank looks clean! Going to be keeping that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plans are chop the back end off and use gsxr seat with custom sub frame
hide all the wiring
rethal bars and risers
wrap the tank front fender and rear seat cowl and in a camo effect
move exspation tank
not sure on head light yet but may be one on top of the other
paint the side cases
clean the engine up and repaint
wrap the exaust
change fork seals
oh and add a brace to the swing arm make look like a 900rr as i dont wont to mess with the swing arm
oh and shortin down the loom

i think thats about it for now but theres bound to be more lol
but before all that i need cash , and paydays a week away,grrrr so thats my list should keep me busy for a while

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right been doing some thinking and a little research today and i found these

there day running lights but red ones, now with a little elctronic trickary i can lower the voltage going to them so they can be used as brake tail lights, simple just a few bit from maplins, going to try this next week see if it works,
if so this is how my rear tail light set up will look under my seet

finger crossed if they dont work leds will

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been a busy boy today seen as my stuff has started turning up i thought it was tme to start with shorting the wireing loom think in total i took 2ft out

so after 4 hours it looked like this; just need to sort out the rest of the taping up but cant finish that till its fitted to the bike

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Nice job on the camo wrap, I normally don't really like camo but that seems to work well...

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Looking smart!
Think carefully about taking the airbox off though - you'll have a pig of a time getting the bike to run right ever again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
been busy today got on with fabricating my battery box and my electircs box and yes it all fits under the tank so nice and hidden, just needs welding up,

there is a gap underneath for the excess wiring most of it should fit in there out the way

so hopfully by the week end it should all be welded up and wiring all sorted ready,
then its onto remakin the arse end

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.