Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i forgot to take pictures as I was in progress, but all I did was sand and paint my tank cover, sand and paint my lower fairing, sand and paint some engine parts, removed the exhaust heat shield and a heat shield on the motor. took me a few days because of the rain but I'm happy with the results, for now.
first few are the before and in between painting sessions when i was at work.

Also just wondering I'm gonna wrap the exhaust and headers, but should i use black or titanium? i can't decide which color.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You outa flip them clipons. They will look and feel much better
man i had a gsxr600 with dirt bars as a stunt bike for awhile last year i didn't like it for cornering i don't know just my preference is weird i guess. I'm 6'2 in tall and it felt weird having my hands so high. i may flip em and see.

yours flipped? or dirt bars?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I have dirt bars now but I had flipped clipons before. Ive always liked that wide stance. But im starting on a new r6 that will be stock position clipons but im setting it up for track days in April

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I woulda taken the tank sticker off but it looks good. I havent updated my build in a little while but my exhaust wrap is titanium if you want to look for comparison. And dr.jelly tells everyone to flip their clip ons lol. I need to get around to trying that actually lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you going to do anything with the tail or leave it like that?
nope. took the plastics off trimmed the plastic liner inside, where you would normally have a storage compartment. and I'm leaving it like that. I personally like it way better than leaving the plastics on the tail.

I was gonna take the sticker off but then i figured screw it, i don't wanna buy another one , ill just paint over it, looks good i thought. haha maybe not though.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Flipping the clip-ons will still let corner just as good as standard . It also allows you to "flick" the bike into corners and looks way better.

You need to paint that swing arm will make the bike look 100% better. Do it red or black but I vote red

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm well i might flip them then, it was just personal feel i think i didn't care too much for the dirt bars, ill flip and see what happens hopefully ill find some time or it'll stop raining in the next few days.

and ya i am gonna get around to painting the swing arm also, and thank you for suggesting red! i think it'll look awesome red, but my wife says black, haha

Is your bike cross eyed? Looks like the headlights beams would cross
ya they cross, they are just zip tied to the forks. haven't made a bracket yet, zip ties work fine for now. i can move em up or down while I'm riding, easy way to get back at someone for puling out in front of me or cutting me off

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flipped Clip ons for Dr. Jelly haha
I like them flipped but i like they way it looks with them angled down, a little cafe style, but more comfortable flipped for sure.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts