Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cbr900 main jets and Viking airbox mod

Ime doing the Viking airbox mod on my 95 cbr900 and I need 140 main jets where in the uk can I get them at a good price I've heard they're near 50 quid for 4 from Honda but must be cheaper sources

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have started to do some research on how to do this mod but early days yet, I think these jets might work http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brass-ma...pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3f28c893c5
I got my information from this thread but his bike is a 1998 and 1993-1995 I think might be different http://www.fireblades.org/forums/ho...king-mod-for-more-power-carb-blades-only.html

I would love to know how you go with the mod, I am still building my 1993 cbr900 at the moment but should be finished in about a month so will look at getting some extra power soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does any one know what main jets are in a 1993 CBR900RR Australian model.

And does anyone know if I can change the height of my standard needles with washers instead of buying a dyno jet kit? I figure with some larger jets and some washers I should be able to open up my airbox. Has anyone done this with standard components in the carburettor and with some larger jets.

·
Noobie
2,644 Posts
Does any one know what main jets are in a 1993 CBR900RR Australian model.

And does anyone know if I can change the height of my standard needles with washers instead of buying a dyno jet kit? I figure with some larger jets and some washers I should be able to open up my airbox. Has anyone done this with standard components in the carburettor and with some larger jets.
seeing your build thread make me wanna do something to my 900rr :doh:

i've seen few days ago at hoffman build thread
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68345&page=2
Ok so i did a little work yesterday to.
It is an inexpensive way to tune the engine for som extra horsepowers:) people that did this mod are very positively surprised:) maximum speed was 20km/h more and another guy said his bike wanted to wheelie at 4500 rpm instead of 6000 rpm. And it is a very easy mod that anyone can do:) total kost of this mod was 25 Usd:)

Start with taking the carborators of the engine and put it on a bench or if you dont want to take it completely just put a wood board on the frame and work on there:)

Okej first step i started by opening up the end where you can pull out the throttle needles

When you open it up it would look like this

Pull the throttle out and then pull out the neddle holder

This one.. just pull it right out

Then you can take out the needle but make sure you get the little washer out to.

then you have to have some M3 washers availible put two of those on the needle and then put back the original washer. so totally ther should be 3pcs but make sure the original one is the last one you put on.

And then put it in the throttle again and back with the needle holder and then put it toghter, and do the same to all the needles.

Then you have to change the main jets. I bought 140main jets instead of the original 115.

(The one to the left is the 115 and the right one is 140)

Turn the carborators around and open it up

Take out the original jet and put in the new bigger one

And then put it all together again.

Now you have to tighten the mix jet and when it´s maximum in you turn it 3 1/2 turns back out again.

i marked it with a red arrow on the picture

Maybe you already new how to do this mod but if dont. DO IT ;)
That was all for now guys. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jets-r-us sells all major jet styles online for a few bucks apiece. I believe they ship worldwide.

If you have a dynojet tuning center nearby you can probably buy jets off them also. Google a dynojet conversion table to equate DJ sizes to Mikuni or Keihin jet sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts