Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys!
time for me to start another thread of my own! first a lil background that some of u may already know :thumbsup:

a few years ago, after getting knocked off my fzr600, i found myself buying a cbr900

that got fightered out

but it wasnt ticking all the right boxes at the time so it got stripped down and turned into this! ;)

which is still being built............ along with my vfr750

but no matter how much i do to it, in the back of my head i know it'll never look as good as a cbr900rr fighter and always be a heavy sports tourer.............
so it appears i have come full circle as this has somehow found its way into my garden :D

its a 98 cbr900 for the grand sum of £650! to say im happy is a lil bit of an understatement!
the plan is pretty simple really.............
change all fluids, service, new battery clean carbs and get it purring again!
then the fun stuff can begin :thumbsup:
got a vfr750 swinger on its way to me which will have one of these nice wheels fitted

rear bodywork is being swapped out for this zx6r rear on a subframe i built

any ideas on exhaust headlights etc post them up as i need some inspiration
sorry for the long first post on this! but will update over the weekend once i get it running again................

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
So you're stealing the hard work off the vfr to slap in the 900rr?

Nice score I want to own a 900rr one day..........one day

·
2,779 Posts
so it appears i have come full circle as this has somehow found its way into my garden :D
:LolLolLolLol:

.........& I notice your ever expanding collection is getting a bit Honda heavy.....

Hmmmmm? As you don't seam to have enoph projects, Maybe it's time to look for a GSXR :LolLolLolLol:

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you're stealing the hard work off the vfr to slap in the 900rr?
Nice score I want to own a 900rr one day..........one day
ya only a few bits tho, this will be my proper fighter / mean toy, and the vfr will now stay with the gsxr rear end and be my everyday rider, so the zx6r rear is finding its home on the cbr :D
ive had 2 now and not ridden either yet lol

nice wheel :party-smiley:
thanks mate always loved the deep dish look, so cant wait to get it on there!

:LolLolLolLol:

.........& I notice your ever expanding collection is getting a bit Honda heavy.....

Hmmmmm? As you don't seam to have enoph projects, Maybe it's time to look for a GSXR :LolLolLolLol:
your not wrong mate! i noticed also! never been hugely over excited by hondas yet ive allowed this to happen :confused: lol there good bikes tho so cant fault them!
ive had an old skool gsxr but that got tore down for parts an never made it on the road........... you can never have enough projects! room on the other hand thats a different story........... :doh:

well yesterday i spend a load of money on fresh oil, filter, coolant, carb cleaner and battery.
got the carbs torn down yesterday, considering its been sat for about 7-8 years they dint look too bad which i was happy about!

and today this happened!

think it might only be running on 3 tho so gonna check the plugs and coils etc one of the carbs was quite gunky so hopefully the plug just needs a clean or summin, BUT ITS RUNNING!! :D
oh and also this happened................

the tail should look sweet wen fitted properly, also got a vfr750 swinger and 04-05 r1 regulator rectifier on its way to me and should hopefully be here tomo :D

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PROGRESS!!!
one very dirty vfr750 swinger and a day off later :D

got myself 5 days off at the end of next week to start getting everything on track for strip down and powdercoating hopefully

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looking good. That rear rim looks a little beat up is it the same one pictured before? And what size rear tire is it running

·
Registered
136 Posts
What front end you have on this thing? Curious, because I noticed the brakes seem to be older r6/r1.
I thought all the Yamaha R's had 'spot' calipers? Those look like CBR 900 Nissins to me, just like my ZZR had until I started this ZX10R front end swap!

Build looks promising! Like it!

·
Here to F stuff up
144 Posts
Duh, just noticed you jacked the 98 r1 front end off your Vfr. I'm digging it man, idk what it is, but the lines of a 900rr naked just gets me. Keep at it Man, looking good!

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good. That rear rim looks a little beat up is it the same one pictured before? And what size rear tire is it running
Thanks buddy! :) naaa this is just my mock up wheel to get it rolling..... only cost £30 delivered but its buckled so cant be used, gonna be buying the lenso soon for it :D will hopefully run a 200/55 17"

What front end you have on this thing? Curious, because I noticed the brakes seem to be older r6/r1.
ya the r1 front end is wat im using on my vfr project..... thats staying on there but the zx6r tail is being used on the blade now instead... will swap the blade front over wen I have the money for a complete front end :)

I thought all the Yamaha R's had 'spot' calipers? Those look like CBR 900 Nissins to me, just like my ZZR had until I started this ZX10R front end swap!
Build looks promising! Like it!
thanks alot mate, im hoping its gonna be a quite a quick one as everything is quite easy that im doin :knucks:

Duh, just noticed you jacked the 98 r1 front end off your Vfr. I'm digging it man, idk what it is, but the lines of a 900rr naked just gets me. Keep at it Man, looking good!
I know wat you mean mate! Thats why the vfr was never quite cutting it for me. Always liked the 900rr frame alot more and the vfr is a very narrow bike being a v4
day off tomorrow so will be doing work! As they say

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
day off today has been a great success!!
got the seat cowl trimmed down so it fits and looks alot better!

found a nice lil suprise in the airbox

and heres the crap that came out of my tank after a couple of weeks of it sitting full of vinegar

and onto the fun part of the day! got my rear end ;) fitted up and modified the subframe so it now fits fine

mock up of the headlight im thinking of :S :s :S

how it looks with an ugly mug sitting on it..............

got 5 days off starting wednesday so hopefully can get alot done.......... and maybe get it ready for strip down and powdercoating :D

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
is it wrong that i kinda want you to just clean the wiring up, mount a headlight and thats it? dont even touch the paint up on the rear wheel haha

Reactions: jerryatrophy

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is it wrong that i kinda want you to just clean the wiring up, mount a headlight and thats it? dont even touch the paint up on the rear wheel haha
yes very wrong mate! lol :) that wheel isn't staying either as its just for mock up purpose.

I like the stance of that :)
thanks man so do I! love hows its all falling together.........

not much progress as my days off are Saturday through till Tuesday, so should have more to show then
but I had a play around with headlight ideas
I like the k1 gsxr light like on my vfr........... it looked awesome from the front, but really awkward in the side on shot

so I thought I would take off the light unit from my xr400 an see wat that looks like with the hand guards as well

and I think im onto a winner with that combination! :D
before you say it as well............ the headlight will be modified an will run a bi xenon hid projector in it so I still have decent light output :rock:

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
It'd look real cool if you'd have a pinstriper or talented paintbrusher blend the hand guards and headlight together with some sick graphics

Reactions: gsx-R1/750

·
Registered
136 Posts
I reckon if you use a bit of filler or something you could build up and shape some edges that would flow better on that headlight. Could always do it with modelling foam and fibreglass if you felt confident with that

Reactions: ants

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got the same headlight ready to go onto my next project, but I also agree that the light output will suck :(

It would be great if you can up some pics etc. when you get around to doing the bi xenon projector conversion, interested to see how you go about it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts