Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Give it Beanz!!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i thought id start a build thread here goes!

1098 seat unit, light,seat and subframe
vfr750 swinging arm with car wheel conversion
r1 exhausts, race baffles and outer skin swaped so nasty heat shield brackets facing inwards.

need to sort out the rear brake hose and refine the exhaust brackets.

then find some cash to begin the front end! USD forks and maybe fork covers to beef it up ;-)

Anyone got any ideas for a front light / paint scheme? thinking about painting the frame gun metal grey?

think i may have gone photos mad! right best go the pub DW ;-):knucks:

·
Give it Beanz!!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well my fireblade builds has been on hold due to everything costing shit loads!so heres the progress now and a sneaky pic of the wifes first big bike.

hornet 600 radiator and super flex samco hoses
2002 r1 front end
renthal fat bars & risers
speed triple lights
2009 cbr1000 rear shocker
wavey discs

got to tidy all the wiring up next and sort the front brake lines out.

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
Hey man nice build! Im doin a 97 rr as well :) build in in my Sig down there \/
Wat size wheel is that and have you got a link for it? If not what make / model is it? Love the deep dish lip on it!!
Keep it up! nice to see another UK blader :D

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
everything looks great man. the wheel fits the bike damn well. the only thing im wondering about is how the subframe is held to the frame. any better pics of it?

·
fighterer still learning
931 Posts
I was kinda thinkin the same thing, looks like they might twist or buckle quite easily
or are they stronger than they look in the pic?
Still looks like its gonna be sweet tho :)
Thanks for the link and the compliment!

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
i hate being told i was wrong when ive done a mod i like and finished it. but i gotta agree. looks unsafe bro.
i am all for fitting different subby with add-on tabs, but there is nothing keeping those pointed the direction you want them to be. i am picturing it dropping downward "scizzoring" kind of action.
if there was one pair of bolt-on links itd be fine, but with two its all relying on the bolts just being cranked real hard to not move isnt it?

·
Give it Beanz!!!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow hahah thanks for the consern guys, yeah the brackets are only a temporary measure so i can just crack on and get building it up ready to strip back down to have the frame and sub frame welded up then powder coated.

i been cutting and bodging bracket rather ruff! Then revisit them on a complete strip down for paint, i'm not 100% happy with the exhaust and will probably have the link pipe remade to sit closer into the bike and not sure if i should paint all down pipes or try polish them?

heres a few pic of my old bike which started me down this path, i basically blew the big end bearings on this bike twice and then decided it had to go! so im sort of building a faster more reliable replacement hahhaha damn i loved thrashing this bike!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts