Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as the title says... I have a 2001 CBR929RR and I want to add risers to the triple tree. For those familiar with the Honda Top triple tree it has small angles in it giving the middle a slight raised portion. The few people I have seen with risers added already had custom work done.

The question being... can I just add risers and they be secure enough? Providing I figure out how to mount them successfully.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
ya just take a little block of aluminum at least as big as the risers bottom, grind it to the same angle as the top trip and drill a hole in it so that the risers will sit flat when bolted.
Or just do what I did and use an rc51 top triple, bolts right on just need to raise your forks a little.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya just take a little block of aluminum at least as big as the risers bottom, grind it to the same angle as the top trip and drill a hole in it so that the risers will sit flat when bolted.
Or just do what I did and use an rc51 top triple, bolts right on just need to raise your forks a little.

Thanks!

G

·
Grind the bottom of the risers to the same angle as the yoke & bolt on as normal, you may need slightly taller risers than you intended to acheive this !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts