Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fighters,

I purchased a 94 FRZ 600 on Craigs List for $300.00. Gonna build a Streetfighter!!! :D

It took a while to get it running properly. I tore it down this weekend and am cutting the frame now. I plan on sand blasting it and painting it after that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Welcome in and enjoy the build. A lot of guys here (myself included) have built FZRs, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Questions,,, I got plenty, here are two.

I want to move the radiator and make it smaller. They are just FUGLY, so needs go. How small can I go? I assume adding an oil cooler will take up some of the slack.

I chopped the frame and lowered the seat. This has caused the riding position to be more laid down. The problem is that the brake and shifter levers are uncomfortable to use. Has anyone ever put the brake and shifter levers on the swingarm? The rear brake would be super easy, the sifter is another thing altogether. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to use a push/pull cable for this. I thought this would be more common, but I get zero results when searching the net.

Would this cause ridability issues or safety issues? I think it would probably be okay, but really want to do a sanity check before I incorporate it. I really want to stick with it because the lowered seat looks AWESOME!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Questions,,, I got plenty, here are two.

I want to move the radiator and make it smaller. They are just FUGLY, so needs go. How small can I go? I assume adding an oil cooler will take up some of the slack.

I chopped the frame and lowered the seat. This has caused the riding position to be more laid down. The problem is that the brake and shifter levers are uncomfortable to use. Has anyone ever put the brake and shifter levers on the swingarm? The rear brake would be super easy, the sifter is another thing altogether. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to use a push/pull cable for this. I thought this would be more common, but I get zero results when searching the net.

Would this cause ridability issues or safety issues? I think it would probably be okay, but really want to do a sanity check before I incorporate it. I really want to stick with it because the lowered seat looks AWESOME!!!!
There are all sorts of radiator options if you're willing to use one from other bikes. Look into something like a Honda Superhawk or RC51. They use two small side-mounted radiators instead of the front mount. You could potentially use one of the side-mounted radiators under the tail with an electric fan to keep air moving.

You don't want to put the foot pegs on the swingarm. Why would you want your feet to move around while riding? Bad idea. If you're dead set on having the foot controls that far back, you're going to have to fabricate a plate coming off the main frame section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking on the radiator, I'm sure I can figure something out.

Rethinking the riding position, you are right about the swingarm problem. After thinking about it, maybe moving the shifter and brake levers forward is another idea. Kind of like this.

http://www.smecca.com/2011/05/honda-shadow-bobber-build/

I'm going to check it out tonight to see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi like the other lad said 100's of radiator and cooler options out there, glad you changed you're mind regarding the controls on the swing arm that sounded a bit out there to me could see it working on a hard tail but no on a bike with a moving swing arm, think it would handle like shit too.

Here's my build if you fancy a look take it easy.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65918

1 - 6 of 6 Posts