Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my front sprocket has 14 teeth and my rear has 42 and that chain is a 530....not sure on any of that. If i get a larger rear sprocket will i have to get a different sized chain? Im about to order the chain and sprockets but just want to know what i should get.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going to have to buy a chain anyways. I wasnt asking if i would need a new one....i cut my other one off with bolt cutters. What i was asking was if i got a larger rear sprocket with more teeth on it would that require a chain different from stock? Any good links to the stuff u said? Links that actually HAVE 96 suzuki rf600 parts.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep i knew that haelo. But thanks for makin sure. I know its called the pitch of it but i have no idea what its talking about when it says pitch. Still trying to find a chain and sprockets. Anyone know a webpage with good prices i could check?

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
The pitch of the chain is the distance between the centers of the bars... the actual number, "530" is just a designation for different sizes, like haelo said. I think a 530 has a pitch of like... 5/8" or something? All depends on what sprockets you get.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need a front sprocket with 14 teeth and i believe my rear sprocket is 42 teeth. Tryin to find some with a price i like.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
wouldnt you want to run a 520 on that bike?? lighter. cheaper. they dont require a 530 till your on a litre bike.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stock stuff is all 530.....i dunno.... Maybe someone could check for sure?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Higher gearing also effects fuel mileage and puts your bike at higher RPMs which can get annoying on the highway. Just ask skr00z, his 954 runs like 10k rpm on the freeway.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love to go one down in the front and 2-3 up in the back but theres a problem. I cant seem to find a sprocket for my bike that has less than 14 teeth....which is what mine has stock. So instead of going -1 in the front and +2 in the back would going +3 in the back be about the same?

·
BikerfromtheBX
61 Posts
Well, from what i know most bikes come with 15 in the front, so if its 14 already, then yea leave it like that and go with plus 3 or 4 in the back. I put plus 8 in the back of mys not realizing that my oem was 40 and not 44 like i thought, i could do a wheelie like nothing now but my speedo is off by 20mph and my my engine is reving way to high when i hit the 90's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts