Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, It's a shamless ripoff but we make our own shit and change our own tires.
All you need is a mini lathe and welder.
Material - nylon/delrin and some steel tubing.

[
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You hit the tire as hard as you can. It then falls off by itself. :)
Just google no-mar bar for pictures and videos.

To MikeGyver - I am sure you can find chinese mini lathe for almost no money in CA.
Or your local lathe guy can make short work of delrin/nylon rod.
Excellent material to work with. I made taper with 2mm thick parting tool.
The steel core is probably overkill. I'll update you guys after first tire chage.

G

·
Ok, having looked at a couple of video's my opinion is its just a big stick :) i've never marked a wheel when changing tyres & never had one marked by anyone else either so really don't see the point :confused:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, having looked at a couple of video's my opinion is its just a big stick :) i've never marked a wheel when changing tyres & never had one marked by anyone else either so really don't see the point :confused:
The point is I do it myself and the easy way. It's just a huge benefit not even thinking about danger of marring the wheel in the process. Plus, I can do it as many times as I need, on my own terms.
For example, I have two motorcycles, fitting tires would cost me the same as new pair of those delicious tasty super tires. Really no brainer.
I think those bars (three variations so far I could find) are ingenious devices. Simple and efficient.
If I don't have welder and lathe I would be buying one of those bars for sure.
It's power to the fighter people :D

G

·
The point is I do it myself and the easy way. It's just a huge benefit not even thinking about danger of marring the wheel in the process. Plus, I can do it as many times as I need, on my own terms.
For example, I have two motorcycles, fitting tires would cost me the same as new pair of those delicious tasty super tires. Really no brainer.
I think those bars (three variations so far I could find) are ingenious devices. Simple and efficient.
If I don't have welder and lathe I would be buying one of those bars for sure.
It's power to the fighter people :D
Been changing my own tyres for 34+ years not needed one yet & its useless without something to hold the wheel still ....... like I said a big stick :)

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,512 Posts
Been changing my own tyres for 34+ years not needed one yet & its useless without something to hold the wheel still ....... like I said a big stick :)
Ok, you are a badass mofo. OP made a big stick. We get it.

I've been changing my own tires for 5+ years and I use a big stick everytime. Works great.

G

·
Ok, you are a badass mofo. OP made a big stick. We get it.

I've been changing my own tires for 5+ years and I use a big stick everytime. Works great.
Now now don't get your tits in a turmoil :)
My point is I don't see any benefit over what i've been doing for a hell of a long time & you still need to secure the wheel to use it so in itself its useless...... but I do see an advantage over a couple of tyre levers if you have the means to hold the wheel, most people wont though so a thread about making that kit would have been of more use first !

Its an opinion don't get narky fella :)

·
Is my bike ok?
15,046 Posts
nah... the crank case vents off the side of the motor to the airbox. If I lay it on the left side I'll prolly get oil in my airbox.
Good thinking ahead. Probably be hard to lift the bike up on to the balance spindle come time to balance your newly installed rear tire, too. ;)

Robbo, what's with the attitude and name calling?

;)

G

·
nah... the crank case vents off the side of the motor to the airbox. If I lay it on the left side I'll prolly get oil in my airbox.
Also the widget will stick on the giggling pin compressing the return doobrie causing the tit to warp & untold damage to the wotsit :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts