Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

changing fork oil and greasing center bearing

926 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  M1SF3T 
#1 ·
ok so briefly, I'm a diesel mechanic, not a bike mechanic and only know that these two things can be done, but I have no clue as to when they should be done. The 06 gsxr I'm trying to get back on the road has been sitting untouched for at least 5 years if not 6 and I'm trying to cover anything that can be done upfront before I put it on the road. I don't want to get a few miles, something major tear up and realize I could've done this or that to prevent it. so that being said should I go through the trouble of removing the forks or not. They aren't leaking or anything like that, just concerned about the amount of time its been sitting in there dormant. the bike only has 8500 miles on it.

#3 ·
ok thanks, i finally had a chance to run by the shop and the owner said the same thing, even offered to let me use the press when i did get around to changing them. I'm thinking he might be trying to catch me up to speed so that he can steal me away from my current job. I'm not entirely sure if he realizes just how much ground he has to cover...

look about the other day, your right i did misread you so my apologies. its been a long month and my patience is getting the better of me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.