Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a a LiFePO4 battery that needs charging, an 8 cell one I think. Anyone had to charge these things? Mind has sat for the last year or so and will barely keep the lights lit now. I think I read on an ebay listing to "charge them like a normal 12v battery" so does that mean hook the thing up to my trickle charger and let it charge?

Help appreciated.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
NO! Not quite anyways. Yes you can charge it with the right charger. I think it needs to charge at 5 amps or something like that. You DEFINITELY can't charge it at a high amp rate. I gave up on those finicky fucking things. You can get a gel cell the same size for $80 at autozone and they can run a Harley 1200 engine. I know that doesnt help you it's a lead when that lipo shits out.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A neighbor of mine has a special charger for his rc planes and car batterys, he seemed to think he could do it, but googling it it seems a finicky process...

Link to the autozone gel cell would be appreciated...

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
I have a ballistic battery. Their instructions say you can use a normal charger. Don't exceede max charging amps. They say to watch the battery with a volt meter and when it reads 14.4 volts to stop charging and it should be fully charged..I have an .8 cell bat myself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your motorcycle doesn't know the difference between a lead and lithium battery, so if "regular" charging was bad for them they wouldn't last in service very long.

Stick a battery tender or other trickle charger on it, you'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts