Votes: 8 13.6%
  • OTHER - please specify below

Votes: 2 3.4%
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I discussed in the Charity Discussion thread. The bike is, as poopie described, a 2 year fail.

A lot of blood, sweat, tears and money have been put into this bike and it is dis-heartening to learn that after all this time, the fucking frame has been tweaked all along.

:doh:

I'm at a turning point and would like some feedback on what to do next.

heres where we are at with the charity bike right now.

the basis of the bike is fucked. Frame is totally tweaked, motor is not in any type of running condition. our swingarm is made to fit a custom frame. and our front end was made to fit this as well. We have some very nice parts that can be salvaged...rims, but they are for a triumph arm and a 929 front end, they have new tires as well. We have a nice front end with a sick set of custom trips that can possibly be re-stemmed (zach? is this true?). Custom headlight setup. Nice bars, brakelines, gastank to fit this frame..etc. now what to do with it all.

So, my options are this......

a) we can try to source out an 88-91 gsxr 750 frame. 88 & 89 have a dif stem angle than the 90 & 91 have but all of those frames will work. It must be clean titled. also, would be benificial if it had a good motor in it, maybe we could use some pieces from this motor as it is/was modded to a 900+ If we go this route, the frame with have to be modified again to work with the swinger/shock setup.

b) source a new project basis..frame and motor. And adapt what parts we can, and sell the rest to fund what we need.

c) sell everything we have and either, donate the money and end the project, or use the money to start over.

Reactions: Poopie

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,231 Posts
Tough call

My gut says start over, but keep the front end for whatever the next project is.

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
I thought the charity bike was just about done. WTF?? I'd need to know more to vote and have it be worth it.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
If you can get that frame, continue as planned.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I believe about 850

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
im broke right now. thats why im selling my bike and quad.
By you, I meant the charity fund, you aren't expected to pay for this stuff are you?

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
I posted this in the discussion thread. I have a line on two different GSXR frames in the years needed also motor parts (possibly a whole motor). my phone and cfmobile don't work well together. those that have my cell # give me a call and hopefully someone can post for me.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
as I discussed in the Charity Discussion thread. The bike is, as poopie described, a 2 year fail.

A lot of blood, sweat, tears and money have been put into this bike and it is dis-heartening to learn that after all this time, the fucking frame has been tweaked all along.

:doh:

I'm at a turning point and would like some feedback on what to do next.

heres where we are at with the charity bike right now.

the basis of the bike is fucked. Frame is totally tweaked, motor is not in any type of running condition. our swingarm is made to fit a custom frame. and our front end was made to fit this as well. We have some very nice parts that can be salvaged...rims, but they are for a triumph arm and a 929 front end, they have new tires as well. We have a nice front end with a sick set of custom trips that can possibly be re-stemmed (zach? is this true?). Custom headlight setup. Nice bars, brakelines, gastank to fit this frame..etc. now what to do with it all.

So, my options are this......

a) we can try to source out an 88-91 gsxr 750 frame. 88 & 89 have a dif stem angle than the 90 & 91 have but all of those frames will work. It must be clean titled. also, would be benificial if it had a good motor in it, maybe we could use some pieces from this motor as it is/was modded to a 900+ If we go this route, the frame with have to be modified again to work with the swinger/shock setup.

b) source a new project basis..frame and motor. And adapt what parts we can, and sell the rest to fund what we need.

c) sell everything we have and either, donate the money and end the project, or use the money to start over.
Money Adam,what can members do ,send ,somehow specify its for this build up?If you set up a funding option I believe funds will amass bro!I am ready as I am certain others are as well..You know the deal $5 here $20 there mebee a big bump every so often,fuck its charity we all want to help a charitable cause ..No fail any more mate.:knucks:

·
Captain Missing Sandwich
4,379 Posts
Money Adam,what can members do ,send ,somehow specify its for this build up?If you set up a funding option I believe funds will amass bro!I am ready as I am certain others are as well..You know the deal $5 here $20 there mebee a big bump every so often,fuck its charity we all want to help a charitable cause ..No fail any more mate.:knucks:
That's where all these heart & knucks awards that a lot of us have under our names are from, donating to the charity build. Donation capability is already a reality.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts