Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my SV1Ks...not the street fighter...and I don't think I am gonna do it with the street fighter...not a fighterish mod for me. But, let me know what you think.

And yes, its all for bling. I will not be mounting this on the bike until I get a gasket and complete some other mods and repairs on the bike, over this winter.

I ended up buying a scratched cover off ebay for $9.00...no way I as gonna do this mod on my main good cover. I had to sand out the scratches and repaint.The closest thing I could find was Rustoleum's hammered silver finish paint. I think it came out good enough. I masked off just the part of the cover that sticks out.

Good thing for having access to a mediocre machine shop at work.

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
<----- jealous!

what did you use for your window?? ive wanted one of these for over a year, but not sure if i could make one or not!

thats awesome dougie!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ring is aluminum and the window is lexan.:evilred:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
careful not to rub it against anything, lexan is notoriuos for getting hazy and scuffed up.

that looks UBER PIMP! great work !

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A guy on another made the ring and cover, so I can't take credit for that, But I modded the cover to make it work...which guys on the SV1K board said it would be hard..wasn't that bad at all.

I may hook up with the guy that sold me the ring and glass and make them for other bikes.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
can i send you a cover for my 929??

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I think that's a perfect fighter mod, I believe the window'd covers originated on streetfighters?. Either way nice work, I've been thinking of doing the same thing but havent tried yet. Did you use o-rings or gaskets to seal......How's about an exploded view for those of us willing to try it.

Glen...

:cfrocks:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adam: I am not brave enough to mess with someone else's cover just yet. I can get you a ring and window and let you go to town.

Gstyle: I haven't actually sealed it yet...I am gonna when I put it all back together. For sealing the window itself, I will use Permatex Gasket maker..and keep my fingers crossed.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i'll take that. if you can hook me up with the ring and a window id be pumped!

do i get a choice in the color of the ring??

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
929_adam said:
i'll take that. if you can hook me up with the ring and a window id be pumped!

do i get a choice in the color of the ring??
The rings are available in red, blue, yellow in anodized, or no coating, like I had. They are also available with counter sunk screws or regular head allen keys screws.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
So your selling these windows now?......If so, Wat are the dimensions, if there are more than one size what are they. And did you thread into the cover, run nuts on the backside (be careful) or is there a matching threaded "inner" ring?. I might be interested in picking up a couple.

How much $$$$$$$$$$$$?????

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
g-style street-fighter said:
So your selling these windows now?......If so, Wat are the dimensions, if there are more than one size what are they. And did you thread into the cover, run nuts on the backside (be careful) or is there a matching threaded "inner" ring?. I might be interested in picking up a couple.

How much $$$$$$$$$$$$?????

I may sell them if people want them..I will just be acting as a middle man for the guy that I got them from. I'll have to check with him about pricing. I know he does them in a batch process, about 15 at a time.

You cut the inner hole to match that of the ring, 3.75 inches. Then, you hold the ring in place and drill the mounting holes, directly into thenow modified clutch cover, and tap that directly. There are no nuts on the back side...the cover gets tapped.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
well. i'll take one if you can get it for me.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Ok DOugz How much Money?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I honestly don;t know a price yet...I haven't gotten word back yet from the guy I got mine from. I very may well just send anyone who is interested directly to him, if that is what he wants. I don;t wanna make any money off this or heave the headache of reshipping them from me to whoever. I'll let you all know.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
or have him sign up on here. and talk to us directly. if you dont want to make any cash then theres no sense of you dealing with us...just an extra headache for you. thanks doug.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
929_adam said:
or have him sign up on here. and talk to us directly. if you dont want to make any cash then theres no sense of you dealing with us...just an extra headache for you. thanks doug.
As soon as I get a message back from him, I'll send him here.

BTW Adam, welcome to SVR..now keep anything you see me doing to my bikes, any of them, quiet..I don't want people biting my style, before I let them know about it myself. :rock:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts