Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well here I am in the hall of shame - not able to finish the build on time. Fuck I am so busy with three seperate projects going on god only knows when I will finish.

John told me the front end would be ready.... of course its not. 3 more fucken days!

I started to work on the sub frame and get it done. Tires finally came in from Hong Kong and I mounted the rear.

I just need the front end to get done so I can wrap everything else up.

Body work is coming along and I got a custom paint job getting ready to go on it.

Does this tail make my bikes ASS LOOK BIG?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
lookin nice

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will finish it. I just need to get through the next week at work and ship out a few containers of side cars and clear up my shcedule a bit. Frigin busy as shit right now.

Saw my tripple clamps today. Man, they are thick looking. I will get them in a few days as promised. But I think once they are on there will be a few more issues like with spacers and mounting the mud guard, Caliper etc. This guy is good but he is a one thing at a time kind of a guy.

More pics next week when I go see John again. Rear sets are supposed ot be on then as well He is a few blocks from where the bike is being worked on so he will go test fit them over the weekend (Or so he says)

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a few update pics.

This is about where I am at right now. I finished getting the subframe squared away and also got the tank cover stripped it WAS metal under there. WHY????

The 89 version had a ABS cover this has metal anyone know why Yamaha did this on the 3N1?

I got the red paint scheme begining on the rebuild as well. I don't want to make it too overwhelming and want to stick with mostly black but I like a bit of red in there as well to off set it a bit.

I only need to have a few things detailed on the body work and I will get it brought to my buddy who will custom paint it matt black (Oh yeah thats real hard to do) but he also does custom air brush work and will get the zombie on there. He keeps threatening me with red flames ..... I think not!

John is of course late with the front end which is all I need to get it rolling and get it to my other buddy who wil help me instal the electrical components on the front end.

Subframe work - Nothhng fancy obviously. kind of ghetto.

The tail and tank/fame alignment check

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I like the lines of the tail, should fit the bike real nice. Keep the progress coming:party-smiley:

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick update I should have front end in hand by july 7th. A lot longer t make than originally quoted.

Oh well nothing I can do about it. I am getting the trplke clampa and spacers for the front end made for cost so I can not really bitch about the time frame.

But actually thats not too bad. I got parts coming in from the USA and when the bike has a front end the parts should be arriving so timing wise I am still OK. No rush on this project anyway.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look up at the post on 6/15/07 you will see where I am at right now. Well until this afternoon.

I got a box in from the USA.

It had a stainless steel engine bolt kit. Did not really need it but it was cheap enough. Maybe I will get them palted red to go on the bike. not sure yet.

But more important was the vents I had shipped over.

These vents were originally a horn cover and Engine cover for a Vespa ET-2 & ET-4 scooter.

I got about 200 of them a client never paid for. So I did not deliver . But what to do with 200 of these fucken things... Make them in to fighter vents of course!

Here is a pic of the vent in original vs Choped down.

Here is a picture of the vent hole I made in the tail section. Nothing pretty I will blend it all in later.

Here is a pic of the smaller vent.

It is quite curved as you can see.

Maybe you can see where I cut some 'V's" out to give the curve some tress relief. Even though its made of Fiber Re-enforced Plastic its got a bit of give. The notches helped me get it fit to the right curve.

Ok This last piece shows my great artistic ability - NOT!!!

The black banana shaped thing on the right and left sides are where I plan to simply remove material and put in a screen mesh.

The other two things are where the pads will go.

I needed to lighten this unit up. Its heavy as hell with the filler I used to close up the back side. This helps a lot. The FRP is thinner and lighter.

Not sure if the vents truely helps but oh well. I just wanted to use the vents and see what it would look like.

Too Gaudy looking?

Think its ugly???

No problem I have a new complaint manager.... her name is Hellen wate.

So if you have an issue with the large amount of vents or overall look.......... go to Hellen Wate. He he he :fire:

Oh yea want some of these vents to fuck around with on your bike? No problem.

Talk to Adam. - (Adam My sister up the road from you has them in storage - Give her a call and grab a hundred of each if you want.)

:steve: Steve

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
ooohh, can I have a few vents to play with.... they give me an idea.

bike is lookin good steve

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will drop Adam a proper E-mmail regarding the vents but they will be dirt cheap so I can clear out the sisters basement of these things.

I am thinking 6 USD plus shipping.

I have not been in the USA for a while but I think USPS has a 4.5 USD package thats like a few day delivery or soemthing so thats pretty cheap huh?

I already lost my shirt on these things so anything I can get back is bonus. Paintd they wre selling for like 60 USD retail a set for a vespa scooter, as I said.

I'll tell Adam to price to sell dirt cheap and if you buy in qty (2 or more) ........make a better price.

All for the Street fighter cause.
Here is a pic of what I did to another rear seat for the race bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts