Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
ChinaSteve -Project Zombie FZR 400 - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Ok Adam Please change the title of my project form Project X to Project Zombie.

After looking at the bike agian your right its bringing the dead back to life.

Ok I will share my begining plans for the bike and see how much of it I can actually pull of the way I want. Ha!

Replace front end with a gold front fork GSXR front end.

get the current engine in proper order.

put new 600 engine in if I can afford it. At a minimum I will bore out to 1mm below the largest pistons I can stuff in there.

Carbon fiber the wheels, tank cover, seat, frame, swing arm, front fender and exhaust can.

design and make my own exhaust sytem out of titanium.

Powder coat everything possible that is not Carbon fiber with balck matt finish.

MAke a very unique head lght sytem (Already got the idea figured in the head. This is a surprise part of the build..saving it til the end)

Theme - I want to use a military theme a bit but not too overt. I will fighter the bike in a stealth fighter kind fo theme I am thinking at this point but non commital.

The sub frame will be as self supporting as I can figure out.

Modify the looks of the tank cover, fender and the seat.

pitch the seat up a slight bit

tail lights....hmmmm still thinking

rear set by my own design in gold and black trim

gold 520 chain

Anodized black aluminum sproket

Use the swing arm I have with a heavy gusset/bracing system

add risers and a Db handle bar

Make a custom brake fluid resevoir... nto sure jsut what yet

Use the Custom Fighter Skull i a few key areas (Yes, to Kiss Ass!)

Custom levers of some sort maybe Carbon Fiber.

Rear Hugger still thinking if I even want one on this, as I want the ass end to really hang in the free space all on its own.

No clue on the Guage yet

Oh almost forgot want to do a one off on the top triple clamp.

Thats a big list but its just the starter plan. reality might be quite different.

·
2,672 Posts
Yea I think I can pull it off. I will get a bit of proffesional tutoring from the Carbon folks down south. They will supply me with the material a swell.

Hope I don't fuck it up! ha ha

yea strippe RIGHT down! I got 2 jars full of nuts and bolts most of them are mismatched and fucked up!

Ithink ned to nves tin a Titanium nut adn bolt replacement kit!

Anyone know of such a think?

·
2,672 Posts
Yup thats about what I am looking for right there.

You can toss it in with the engine..package deal? ha ha

yea teh black box says 3EN on it as well. I thought the frame number woudl have a diff ID its a 1gw not the other one.

But the a lot of the Chinese bikes are pieced together so who knows whats what anyway. It might just be a bastard to begin with.

what type and year are the forks you have BMiller?

·
That's Right!!!
667 Posts
ChinaSteve said:
Yup thats about what I am looking for right there.

You can toss it in with the engine..package deal? ha ha

yea teh black box says 3EN on it as well. I thought the frame number woudl have a diff ID its a 1gw not the other one.

But the a lot of the Chinese bikes are pieced together so who knows whats what anyway. It might just be a bastard to begin with.

what type and year are the forks you have BMiller?
Those are from an '05 GSXR600. I can sell you the whole front end with rim and rotors(which I had powdercoated)...........should you desire.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Ah hem..... new style YZF600r gas tanks fit with a small modification

they say you can bend the front tank mount on the YZF tank and itll work. I did that and made a new stiffer mounting bracket that I just bolted to the frame in place of the upper fairing stay. Then bolted the tank mount to that.

·
2,672 Posts
Guys thanks for the input.

Here is where I am at right now on this project.

The gas tank I actually want to keep the tank with the cover configuration I have because it allows me to redesign the cover and make a few astetic mods. eaier on the plastic cover to do than a real tank.

Also if I crash the race bike I can switch real quick and get back in the game. But thanks for the suggestions. Race wise I think the set up in the FZR is a bit beter as the fuel sits lower thus lowering the center of gravity. Just my opinion.

Bmiller thanks forthe offer o teh front forks. I think I scored today with a local manufacturer of forks thoughadn I wil visit them adn see waht they have.

I have another build project that Spyder knows about and I have buying power to get a...Ahem "Sample" set of forks the way & color and size I want for a low cost. Will keep you posted.

I think I sold my race bike today if so then I have the cash to get ehengine. Too bad I could not hand carry it back from the USA when I am in indy.. I wonder???????

I might be able to ship on the same plane as cargo and pay more money but still cheaper than shipping and going through customs adn paying duty.

My customs contact at the airport can let me slide through scott free. I will check into this. Be ready to fast ship to Oakland California. I need a weight on the whole thing if possible.

What was wrong with the side case? I might just Carbon fiber it up anyway so not a big issue.

Hey if I make the molds for Carbon fiber I bet I might be able to sell a few carbon side covers huh???? that might justify me making them in carbon after all he he he.

Ok I think thats it for now.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
sorry to thread jack, but since i got this lil suzuki 400, i'm curious to see what it's main competition is. what's an fzr400 put out power wise?

and BMiller, that frame/front end looks niiiice!!

spyder, after all the pics i've seen of your bike, i never even noticed it has a yzf tank on it. looks good!

ok, i'm done thread jacking, continue with your discussion, lol.

·
2,672 Posts
How dare you jack my thread! ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously I bet B miller could tell you but I think it was about 56 Hp stock if I remember right.

Whe I was racing I had the Factory F-1 kit in mold bike with cams, pistons black box...the works but I never dynoed it to see what she had.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i guess that's comparable. i found a 442 piston kit for my bandit that claims 70-80hp, but i guess we'll see. thanks for the info man. i'd have just looked it up, but mfr specs are never for real, that's why i asked.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts