Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I get the chance to sit down. Those who was at the resort Friday night saw the mess I showed up with. (anyone that saw my build thread knows I was alittle behind.)

My house 12:30am the night before we set off.

I slapped everything on and got it the the trailer (which I was only able to register that morning) and we were off to Carlisle.

11 hours later, traffic and such:wtf: I saw parking lot Beruit and hooliganism on the 50.
When I asked where I could pull power from so I could finish building my fighter. The answer I was given "wheel it on in" and all fingers pointed to the inn.

so we did. 10 minutes later we were on a mission to have a running R6 before bed.

To the guys that helped: Scrapyard, Spyder, Zr0-1, and Truckinduc a big Thank You!!

A few hours later, 3am, in the cover of darkness the little yellow button was pushed and the R6 was alive once again.

An hour in the am to put on the last little bits and we were off to the show. My headlight is still only for show, it will be replaced with a 7" round as soon as I can get the bracket built.

I registered for the show, thanks Dan for extending the deadline, took a walk around to see the sights than passed out between the Moto-madness booth and customfighters tent. I would have liked to have hung out with everyone but the lack of sleep had caught up with me.

The midnight wrench session paid off and I won the award for Best Rat Fighter. :metal:

So again a big thanks to "common room pit crew" Dan and the guys at Karns for putting Fighterfest together, everyone who sponsored the event, Wolfman for the hook up at the resort, Adam and Miller for putting this forum together, and everyone who is a part of this forum. It was great to meet those I got a chance and next year I hope to meet those that I didn't this year. :shocker:

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Sorry I missed the wrench session.. It was good to see you again this year. I'll keep working on that pool deal.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
i didnt have much to do to help but it was amazing watching you put your bike together in the room ride it to the show then win an award. (i was the guy that gave you the knife with the point on the end)

amazing work man, i am glad i got to see it in person and not just read about it on here. congrats on that award

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Yeah man That was fun! Thanks for trusting me enough with your electrics to work on it. It felt like home to work on an R6 of the same gen as mine.

I'm really glad you were able to get the bike road worthy for the show.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
hahah. definitely added to the weekend brother! was super glad to see you riding it the next day without any incidents, as it had just fired up for the first time in months at 3am when i went to bed. lol!

keep us posted on the progress as always! mbe i'll see ya next month?? bike night on the 20th!

·
Rat Fighter
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mbe i'll see ya next month?? bike night on the 20th!
I'm planning on it, I'll let you know as it gets close. I was amazed it fired right up. The carbs that are on just got put on and were not set-up for the exhaust. The fact that it ran like a champ with plenty of powerwas awsome. Winning the award totally made my weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts