Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Skunk Fighter
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not exactly were to go with this project. I really dont have a set plan. I found this bike on craiglist for 2k federal reserve notes. I was specifically looking for the dry clutch m900. I will shortly find out where it will take me.

it's a 2001 model.

Here is what I have done so far.

stock bike

chopping cans

shorties

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'll be watching this one as you go, I love the dry clutch rattle so much I have two! I keep changing my mind with my builds, I start with sort of a plan and it always changes.

My Monster has been with me since 1999 bought new and tinkered with ever since!

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
I am not exactly were to go with this project. I really dont have a set plan.
Monsters can be great bikes to chop up and modify. The steel tube frames are very easy to cut and modify. Also tons of aftermarket parts available. For a few ideas check out some of the bikes my friend Stuart Baker has built... http://www.flightcycles.com

cheers!

·
Skunk Fighter
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome thanks fella's for the links. On this project I am going to be taking my sweet ass time. On my last few builds I rushed into fabricating parts. I felt I could done a better job.

I will eventually have the frame painted. I am thinking black or gun metal; I'm not sure yet. The petrol tank looks like it has been painted. I would like to go with raw metal like I did on the SV or maybe from talking to a friend of mine he said I can plate it with brass. I really like the brass look.

Here was my work on this SV. I am leaning more on the brass metal tank than bare polished metal. There are also sheets of brass that can be purchased.

·
Skunk Fighter
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasnt too happy with this shift lever. I found it online for $15. It's one of those universal shifters.. hmmm too short.

I am in the middle of moving soon so I wont be able to work on this project anytime soon. Once I move I am going to take everything apart and paint the frame and maybe motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts