Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a a 99 bandit. im looking to clean my bars and i want the ignition switch,blinkers,and high low beam switches gone. im gonna put the ignition switch on the side of my battery box.lack of signals fixes the turns, and my headlight only has one beam and no brights so thats done. but my throttle is in the ignition switch. i can only find single cable throttle assemblies on ebay. mine has dual and most harleys take 1 inch bars but mine has 7/8. any ideas ?

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
look thru a lockhart phillips catalog, i think i've seen them in there.

OR, you can modify a kawasaki throttle off some zx's, they run a throttle setup that's separate from the switch gear. you'd probably have to have cables made, but any decent shop should be able to make cables pretty easily.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
u could try some fat bars...arent those 1" or is it 1 1/8" ??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
929_adam said:
u could try some fat bars...arent those 1" or is it 1 1/8" ??

i could be wrong, but i thought the fat bars tapered to 7/8's on the ends?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
you could be right too....but arent there bar kits that are fat all the way thru??? i guess mbe just chopper bars??

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the kawasaki tube looks good. thanks for the tip. i did look at chopper bars and the internal throttle kept looking better to me but theres only one cable on those. and my risers are for 7/8 bars and i dont want to drill them. so looks like the kaws are the way to go. thanks guys.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
good deal. i was gonna say, if you didn't have access to one, i have a handfull of them laying around.

if the cables won't reach, or the internals aren't the right length, a decent shop should be able to pull the ends off that go in the throttle and make the rest of the cable any way you want it, then it should just bolt right on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts