• clip ons

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • dirt bars

Votes: 20 62.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i have wrist problems (here come the jokes...) so i don't really like clip-ons. they do work better in certain places though, but i took one of my old fighters to the track with DB bars on it, and i fookin loved it.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
See, I can't stand MX bars on the track

i like the extra leverage you get on the front end from the added width. i suppose some wide clip-ons would have the same effect.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
More leverage definitely, it's why the bars made the busa so great

I just can't hang off right with my grips that high and far apart :O

yeah, it most definatly takes a different technique. took me a while to get used to it. that, and the lesser weight over the front wheel caused problems sometimes.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
In reality the bars mean putting weight on the front wheel is a more difficult. I can move my weight forward and back easier with clip ons, and I can get lower towards the ground

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
i like wheelies and endos better with mx bars. and i don't bnd as well now as i did before the wreck, so i almost have to have some added height. plus i still ride my bike harder than my bro rides his 06 636

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.