Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started really riding the TL, I have one real issue with it. I have zero experience with hydraulic clutches, but it grabs really far from the grip, which just made starting on a hill really.. well sad to say I stalled her. It's been a long time since I have ridden.

For those of you with experience with these, how can I adjust this? I tried playing with the little adjuster thing, I was wondering if I can make it bite like halfway through the pull?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Does it have a stainless line for the clutch? I've found these often make hydro clutches tricky and make all the engagement occur in a very small amount of travel. Rubber hoses have a little "give" that helps spread out friction zone.

A worn clutch can result in the action being all at the end of the lever as well, though some bikes are just like that due to the sizing of the master/slave cylinders.

Hydro clutches that need bleeding or new seals usually have the opposite problem, even with the lever to the bar it still creeps forward or stalls when you put it in gear.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
exactly correct

1 - 4 of 4 Posts