Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys run Kevlar clutch plates?

I just got the bike runnin and I put a set of Kevlar plates in with stiffer springs, I gave it a little clutch today to bring it up and it sounded like it was slippin a bit.. Yeah.. sounded. Pretty fuckin weird.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I haven't used them before, But they may take a little use before they grab good.Did you use the same steels ? Did you scuff any discoloration off ? Do the new stiffer springs make your clutch pull much harder ??

I know ????????????????

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't used them before, But they may take a little use before they grab good.Did you use the same steels ? Did you scuff any discoloration off ? Do the new stiffer springs make your clutch pull much harder ??

I know ????????????????

I used the stock steel's.. No color'd hot spots at all on them and I didnt both to scuff'em up, they still had some dimples left in them. The new springs pull a little bit more then the stock ons, but its alot smoother of a pull.

OH yeah.. it started to slip tonight, which fucking pissed me right off. But that noise I was hearing the toher night is gone.. If I just wack the throttle hard in 3rd gear at around 5-6 grand it'll slip a little. But if I do a hard roll on it'll grab like a bitch..

God I love that new motor though ahhhhhh

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
I thought you had to heat up the kevlar plates to get them to grab?

One of the guys at work had them in his bonnie and he just slipped the shit out of it before he went out for a real ride. Then again maybe I'm thinking of the carbon plates? Shrug.

i think you're thinking of carbon. i know carbon/carbon brakes don't work worth a damn till they get some heat in them.

spyder, check the clutch adjustment, make sure the pushrod isn't hanging up.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
hmm, do you still have the old plates? measure the overall thickness of the old clutch pack vs. the new one. if the new one is too short, it's gonna slip, no matter what you do.

does that motor have a judder spring in the clutch? alot of aftermarket clutches have you take it out, if it's still there and it's not supposed to be, that will cause probs too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts