Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
backstory:

bike is a 96 kat 600, I just put a motor from a 86 gsxr 750 into it, got it wired up. I could not get it to run with the carbs the motor had, and was able to get her to run with the kat 600 carbs (which have a factory pro kit in them, 117.5 main)

My question is this:

I want to run a cable clutch instead of the stock hydro one (lets not dig into why, I just prefer it). I have swapped over the pin and cover (from kat 600), and have zero feel on the clutch. Does not feel like anything, just the tiny resistance of actually pulling it against the little spring. I have pulled the clutch out, and the rod that the pin pushes (when I put something against it) I can feel moving with the pull of the cable. When you put the guy (technical term) that sits against that rod in and pull, there is no feel. It feels like either the pin or rod are no long enough.

Is there a stock pin I can order that is longer, or do I need to just fab one? Am I just over looking something?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
(lets not dig into why, I just prefer it)
I can't help you but now that you said you don't want to dig into why I just had to ask why would make life harder then it already is?

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like the lack of feel of hydro, and it does not bother me to hold a clutch in while say at a stop light. Also, I have multiples of the cable set up, and only the cover for the hydro set up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts