Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Nathan. I'm looking for an auto-clutch to replace the stock one on my bike (Honda CB125R). Then, my friend recommended Rekluse radius CX to me, as the best he know. So, which one should I get since my bike wasn't list on their website? Should I try with CRF250R clutch?

Thank you,

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I would do is look up the part numbers for your friction discs and steel clutch plates, and see if they are shared with any other Honda models that Rekluse has a clutch for.
I tried, but it only shared clutch component with cbr125r and some street bike, none of them in rekluse's list. However, I found that my bike use the same size clutch flange nut with CRF150R (14mm) though they have difference code. Maybe, there're others parts with difference code still fit. The problem is, how I can know?

· Registered
324 Posts
It's been awhile since I've looked at the Rekluse website, but the Radius CX is everything - clutch hub, pressure plate, steels & frictions, clutch cover, and their expansion "disc."

So to get that it would have to be for your specific model.

The one that you would probably have the best success with is the Radius X, which is just the expansion disc and steels & frictions.

Again, you would have to find a model that is on their website that uses the same steels and friction plates. Without the part numbers being the same, you would have to find someone that has clutch plates from one of the models on Rekluse's site that could measure them for you. Sometimes the difference between the plates are just the thickness. So there may be other models that have the same "tooth" count and diameter that could physically fit in the basket.

For instance, the plates in my 1990 ZR550 and my 2003 KX250 were the same diameter and shape, but different thicknesses. So I could have put the Core 2 out of my KX250 into my ZR550, just would have had to figure out which plates I would need to have the correct overall gap for the Rekluse to work.

The other thing to consider is that the Rekluse expansion disc takes up a bit of room, usually about three or four plates worth. Don't know how many friction and steel discs you have in a CB125R, but there is a possibility that you may not have enough room for it.

I'm having trouble finding a parts fiche for the CB125R, but if it uses the same clutch that the CRF125 does, then I can say that they have a much different basket, hub, discs, and pressure plate design than the CRF150R.

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again, you would have to find a model that is on their website that uses the same steels and friction plates. Without the part numbers being the same, you would have to find someone that has clutch plates from one of the models on Rekluse's site that could measure them for you. Sometimes the difference between the plates are just the thickness. So there may be other models that have the same "tooth" count and diameter that could physically fit in the basket.
Thank you! That's a good idea. Rekluse web only refer to CR125 and CRF150R, not crf125. Since the CR125 is 2 strokes, and CB125R has the same clutch with CB150R, I'm leaning toward the CRF150R.
The other thing to consider is that the Rekluse expansion disc takes up a bit of room, usually about three or four plates worth. Don't know how many friction and steel discs you have in a CB125R, but there is a possibility that you may not have enough room for it.
You right, I forgot about their expansion disc. Dang, this custom seem way too hard

· Registered
3 Posts
It's Nathan. I'm looking for an auto-clutch to replace the stock one on my bike (Honda CB125R). Then, my friend recommended Rekluse radius CX to me, as the best he know. So, which one should I get since my bike wasn't list on their website? Should I try with CRF250R clutch?

Thank you,
I have a 1990s model 90cc pit bike Chinese motor with a four-speed auto clutch
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is
And it's a clone CB 90 CC motor that the Chinese copied from USA motors you can try looking for a clone CB 125 for your Honda it would work
Thank you! My interest with auto clutch is from Honda CT125, much more convenient. So then, I try to find something better, like rekluse, not just any auto clutch

· Registered
48 Posts
Yes, your friend is right I also recommended you to Rekluse radius CX this is the best one of your Honda CB125R. But if you wanted to search for more options then it's your choice. According to me, it's just time-wasting. But there are more chances then you’ll find another better one.

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, your friend is right I also recommended you to Rekluse radius CX this is the best one of your Honda CB125R. But if you wanted to search for more options then it's your choice. According to me, it's just time-wasting. But there are more chances then you’ll find another better one.
Definitely! My problem is fitting since rekluse only provide CX to some dirt bikes. The smallest 4-strokes engine that CX radius support is 250cc ( I realized that all 125 engine available with CX are 2-strokes, dang). Then, if I want to fit any CX radius clutch, I have to replace the main axle of clutch (drive shaft?), a new primary drive sprocket ( straight-cut sprocket instead of OEM helical one), not mention to the different distance between components,.... Maybe a new clutch cover:unsure:.
If, by some way I can sucessfully install, will a 250cc- clutch work with a smaller engine? From what I understand, auto clutch automatically engages and disengages the based on engine RPM without clutch lever. I can change gear by only clutch shifter. However, is that specific RPM is the same with every engine?

· Registered
CB125R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clutch doesn't care how many gears are in the transmission.
That make my build more realistic. I'm looking for a local mechanics who can do a custom drive shaft for me. Do you know the ideal material? Do I need a special coat/finish?

The answer is always to go further in the custom direction

If the clutch fits and functions but won't clear your cover, it is just an opportunity to make a custom carbon cover 😁
Make sense, lol. Do you know any clutch cover's maker (not only engraving)? Btw, here's the OEM cover. Much more complicate than a normal clutch cover.
Automotive tire Watch Automotive lighting Rim Motor vehicle

· Registered
324 Posts
I did but Charles said they do not support my bike with their clutches. Maybe I should try again
I didn't realize you had contacted them already. If that's their response they are probably not interested in putting in the time which sucks.

I got pretty lucky when I contacted Race Tech about trying out one of their cartridge emulators for a W650 in my ZR550 forks since they shared the same diameter. They were at least kind enough to send me the dimensions of the damper rod from the W650. Bought a set and they fit. Not that anyone else has probably put them in a ZR550, but I'm the reason it's now at least an option on their site.

Best of luck to you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts