Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im almost to the point of laying out and semi constructing my bikes electrical system... im interested in adding a c.o.p system to eliminate having to pack away 2 large coils and 4 large wires. Anyone do e such things ?

Also. Since my frame is all steel now. What of using my frame as the ground path to delete some wires .. weld some ground lugs accordingly of course for the cleanest of install.

The aux lighting box.... can i kill it ? . ..

1993 carbed zx600c . Im interested in the absolute minimum of a wire harness.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hope it works out for you. Hopefully, medimecated and I can get our bikes out soon. We can all hit up a bike night somewhere.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Definitely need to hit sidetrack again. Sweet potato fries..mmmmmm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Generally speaking pre-1990 bikes that had analog ignitions you have to put a 3K ohm resistor in line to the stick coil, or the ignition box will die shortly thereafter.

Later bikes with digital ignitions can run them as a direct swap, just pull the wires from the coil pack and splice them to the new ones. I did this on my vmax, I got a set of coils off a r6 with the sub-harness (so I could cut the connectors off to splice into the bike's wiring), for $20. Was a cut-and-splice swap and I had no issues for over 20k miles until I sold it. Less than the cost of a new set of plug wires.

Throttle response was noticeably crisper and it started much faster. First compression every time, before it would always have to spin over a few times before it caught.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts