Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke mine today it sucks but I'm curious how long does it take to heal?

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Took my Dad's about a month and a half before he said it felt right again. He highsided on a dirtbike one day and landed on his head. His helmet pushed in to his collar bone until it broke. Without that helmet he probably would've snapped his neck or crushed his skull. Helmets rock. Broken bones suck. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You broke yours too??? How?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Wrecked my r1 pretty good

Took my Dad's about a month and a half before he said it felt right again. He highsided on a dirtbike one day and landed on his head. His helmet pushed in to his collar bone until it broke. Without that helmet he probably would've snapped his neck or crushed his skull. Helmets rock. Broken bones suck. Hope you feel better soon.

If I wasn't wearing my helmet I would have been done for good

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
ya give it six weeks. you would be surprised how much you can still do with a broken collar bone though. There are def worse bones you could break.... Hows the bike though?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i still rode with a broken collar bone when my car wouldnt start haha. but yeah 4-6 weeks. any pics of you or the R1?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
I broke mine and it took 6 weeks with a brace.

that was years ago and on cold nights or nights when a storms comin it hurts a bit

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's not to bad I'm figuring on going back to work mid way through next week hopefully.

Here's the bike I just remember going into the corner then the next thing I remember is jumping up pissed off throwing my jacket gloves shirt that's when I realized my collar bone was broken. I hit going between 70-80 the bike took out a pole you'll see it ontop of it in 1 pic. The subframe snapped in like 5 places but besides that forks are straight main frame is good I haven't started it yet because the positive battery terminal ripped out so no power but all in all it's alot better then it could have been.

And this my friends is why I'm here still being able to type this. GEAR it saved my life. Remember this crash happened on my way home from my brothers funeral so me dying would have really destroyed lives.
Where my head first smacked the pavement at 70-80mph

Then I slid on my head

I know a bunch of us a have a lot of ink done and this jacket may not have been able to stop the force of the impact but it sure did save my skin and ink

And only a little rash on the boots but they did their job

Gear saves lives

It sucks but I just uped my insurance to collision instead of just liability so they'll pay me for the bike and gear. Bike will be totaled because the subframe is not bolt on its part of the main frame so it'll be totaled. Hopefully I can buy it back cheap build a new subframe and turn it into strictly track whore and use the rest of the $$$ to buy a new daily ride. So now ill have my build my track whore and a daily ride hopefully......

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
I have that jacket...ive been in three wrecks in it

Reactions: piester

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another pic of the rash on my helmet

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Hey, I've had 2 of those helmets. They are amazing lids - worth every penny. In fact, mine looked similar to yours. It sucks you broke your collarbone, but I'm glad you're alright beyond that. Sorry to hear about the bike. I hope it heals up quick!

·
Registered
279 Posts
shit dude!

Glad you come away pretty good all considered.....'gear saves lives' aint that the truth 'brother.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
damn man. threw your battery right out. you better take that pole home and have it mounted on the wall haha. upcoming fighter project?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn man. threw your battery right out. you better take that pole home and have it mounted on the wall haha. upcoming fighter project?
No fighter out of it. If the insurance company lets me buy it for a decent price I'm going to build a new subframe and turn her into a track whore. It'll be a salvaged title so I might as well as turn it into something I can throw down the track and not sweat about it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look how pretty my hip is looking

·
Registered
13 Posts
I broke my collarbone at the track, was back on my bike in 2 weeks. Rode to my then girlfriends house where she promptly dumped me because she couldn't believe that I'd be so irresponsible to ride with a broken collarbone. Mine was also caused by the bottom edge of my helmet wanting to occupy the same space as my clavicle.....I ended up landing on my shoulder after my head shoving the distal portion through my pleura and onto the top of my lung. It was very gross.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea this my 24th bone I've broken ( some multiple times ) and the hospital said If there's a bone you want to break its this rather than any other but fuck that. I can't sleep I can't lay down and if I do lay down getting up is the most painful fucking thing in the world

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
:doh: feel so bad for ya mate !

awfull times hopefully things shape up to be bearable in tha not to distant future .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts