Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Eddie
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I am from the UK but currently living in Australia and all being well, soon to be in the US. Belonged to the ASF streetfighters forum here for a good few years after my first SF - a K4 GSXR100.

I must admit, whilst I love streetfighters I have never had the space or time or talent to build them myself. But know a guy with a place called Extreme Creations here and he's built both my bikes for me.

Literally just had this finished about 6 weeks ago. It's the best bike i've had built so far which is pretty inconvenient given i'm potentially about to leave here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.433845210019542.91105.134210496649683&type=1

Still - with a bit of luck, I will get to meet some of you guys whilst sitting on it

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF..... That should come to US with you there is no way I could leave it behind. I don't think if ever ride it I'd be to busy figuring out a way to fuck it

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
O yea where about in the US are you moving

·
Eddie
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys - I plan to bring it but I'm trying to find either an exporter here or importer in the US who knows enough about modified bikes to get it through.
I know engineers here who can get certificates etc to pass the tests you need to get it registered here. But fuck knows about the US.
I'll prob end up based in New York if it all comes off but move around a bit with work. Be awesome to take the bike with me so I'll just keep looking.

Might ask on the forum here in another thread - i'm sure there's some dude here who knows.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If you it titled there I don't see why you couldn't bring it over transfer the title pass the emissions and you should be fine. Call NY DMV and find out what you need to do. My last bike was a Canadian bike and I had a clean USA title for it,

·
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
460 Posts
Alright mate. Do what I did to start with. Bring it over as a touring import, plenty of folk do for Sturgis etc. That will buy you a year to figure out how to register it. Its not difficult but I can't tell you how I registered mine......you'll figure it out wink wink:Evil_smile:

I bought my bike over from England in 2009......and it kinda just stayed

·
Eddie
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's for all the help guys. Sounds like I might be able to bring it after all. I come over for a week in Sep and all being well, get the gig I'm after there and move as soon as it takes to get stuff sorted.

Found some guys that do tourist imports so I'll go down that road and then get it sorted when I'm there. Seeing as I'll probably be living in NY I figure the winter will piss on my exploring for a while. Been a bit spoilt in Australia for too long with 12 months of sunshine and dry roads every year!

Thanks again. Awesome to know you lot are around.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF DaveG! That's an amazing looking bike! Repped for the nice intro & GREAT pics! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts