Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I see there is a new site for customfighters....
All the pictures that are hosted by this forum under my member name (my media).....are no longer viewable on any other site that I have put them on.
So hundreds of pictures have disappeared making the conversations on all my threads pointless.

Have you turned this into another photo bucket :cry:

Is there anything that can be done about that?

Thanks for any insight

Just look at the thread below on my RZV.....nothing to see....literally

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Cricket spent a good bit of time walking me through some of the features and image uploading ease. The site seems much easier to use, but is much more generic than what we are used to. She mentioned that their metrics show a bump in activity after 60 days or so due to better Google search results and users getting used to the new feel.
The bump in activity would include a need to see pictures that customfighter originally was hosting on its website....(my media)
But the pictures are not showing up, which will probably cause a drop in views...if there is nothing to view.

Hosting a picture easy now is great.....but when a thread is years long, adding to something now, with nothing to look back on in retrospect.....is somewhat pointless.

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
I can help you with how to fix these if you wish.

To me, the easiest option would be to click the link (the image appears in a new window) then right-click to copy the image, then paste it where it belongs in the post. You can also simply replace the line with the share link provided by Flickr. Example below.

https://flic.kr/p/2jZzDJT
- Cricket
Are you offering to fix all of my past photos? If so, that would be awesome. Thank you so much.

By the way, when I right click on my photos in Flickr I don't get an option to copy the photo. The cursor becomes a magnify icon and I get an entirely different dialog box (without a copy option).

Reactions: busa1300

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
All the pictures that are hosted by this forum under my member name (my media).....are no longer viewable on any other site that I have put them on.
So hundreds of pictures have disappeared making the conversations on all my threads pointless...

I see I'm not the only one who's photos got fuck'd. Great, just fuck'n great! I would have especially liked to have seen that RZV thread.

Reactions: busa1300

·
Registered
287 Posts
A problem I'm having is that the new software isn't keeping track of my "read" posts from the old software.

I.E. when I click on a topic it takes me to the first post, instead of my first "unread" post.

On top of the other stuff mentioned, pretty annoying.

·
Administrator
VS Support Staff
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So hundreds of pictures have disappeared making the conversations on all my threads pointless.

Have you turned this into another photo bucket :cry:

Is there anything that can be done about that?

Thanks for any insight

I have reported this. Let me see what can be done.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
VS Support Staff
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Heya all,

We have opened a ticket with the dev team to see if we can restore the images.

Looks like they are hosted to the album, not the individual image so might take some time to develop a script for this but the images should not be lost.

Ticket VE-4543

Jeff M

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
this is not cool at all. what, the, fuck???

·
Wanna be racer
1,987 Posts
Give us back the old colour scheme and button images, fu's/flipoff's, our custom emoji's.

Oh and the resize option on the photo's why is everything full size now and not moderated down to a sensible size. Anyone who's lucky enough to have working photos now makes the page not woth reading because you spend more time scrolling than you do reading.

Oh and why does Steve's gs bus (1157) get to be on the banner?

Any web developer with half a brain should have at least run a beta and gathering user feedback before pushing this out full of bugs.

·
Breaking shit...
3,204 Posts
whats your resolution on that monitor? also get adblockplus.. no more ads.. anywhere

its whatever res its normally at, this is the only place ive had an issue. the ad dropped away about 40 secs after i snapped the pic. it was the same ad playing on the right side of the screen. it just blew up and covered everything for a min or so then went back to the side. this has happened 4-5 times since the "update".

ill try the adblockplus thing, couldn't make things worse...

·
Wanna be racer
1,987 Posts
41 - 60 of 66 Posts