Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,155 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I didn't pay to be here so I really can't complain much that it's changed...but xenforo is shitty software that aggressively fucks with the user experience. It's a pain in the ass to share things like images from a xenforo platform to any other...including hyperlinks. If I post a generic image link xenforo will automatically create its own unique redirect that isn't shareable and it's a hassle if you need to get that image address back. Search function is a wreck. Also a lot of old links are going to die...not a huge problem...but it's going to cause problems with new material references them. I've been a forum junky for the better part of the last 20 years...I've seen numerous forums go through this. The generic help topics that get posted will come up, instead of having the easily accessed and established knowledgebase people can link them to they basically have to rewrite the same book over and over to answer the generic repeating questions...and it results in the established, active players simply deciding to not contribute anymore.

Verticalscope is easily the single most powerful reason why so many once-amazing forums are now facebook groups.

·
Mr. Good Kat
291 Posts
I didn't pay to be here so I really can't complain much that it's changed...but xenforo is shitty software that aggressively fucks with the user experience. It's a pain in the ass to share things like images from a xenforo platform to any other...including hyperlinks. If I post a generic image link xenforo will automatically create its own unique redirect that isn't shareable and it's a hassle if you need to get that image address back. Search function is a wreck. Also a lot of old links are going to die...not a huge problem...but it's going to cause problems with new material references them. I've been a forum junky for the better part of the last 20 years...I've seen numerous forums go through this. The generic help topics that get posted will come up, instead of having the easily accessed and established knowledgebase people can link them to they basically have to rewrite the same book over and over to answer the generic repeating questions...and it results in the established, active players simply deciding to not contribute anymore.

Verticalscope is easily the single most powerful reason why so many once-amazing forums are now facebook groups.
And facebook sucks donkey ballz since a groupcan be easily removed because of "harmful" content. More than this, a forum allows you to organize your threads.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
This site has turned into fucking photobucket disaster.
Numerous forums other than this, have lost all pictures that customfighters was hosting.
Previously, if a search was done for certain photos, they would be from custom fighter.....now with no photos showing, there will be less and less people finding this site.
As well as totally fucking up numerous other threads through the internet, buy changing to this new system.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts