Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tossed the stock airbox on my GSX1100G because there was no way I'd ever get it back in the frame. It has a full vance and hines exhaust on it now and I wanna run pod filters. I might just buy another set of carbs for it that's already jetted for pods and was wondering what other bikes have carbs I can run? I would think that GSX-R 1100, Bandit 1200 carbs would work. Any others?

I also need to know if I could use a stage 3 jet kit made for a different bike other than my 11G? The 11G jet kit is over $150 where as I see jet kits for B12's and such going for $100. Thanks in advance.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Compatible Carbs Fro GSX-1100G?

I've been reading that some GSX-R 750 carbs were actually bigger than the ones on my 1100 and in turn would be an upgrade. Any info on that? Mustapha Dump told me all about it before but like an idiot I deleted the PM.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts

As far as I know 1990 gsxr 750 used 38mm cv carbs.Watercooled gsxr 750 used 38mm also but were different spacing to oil cooled.Think the us market 1990 gsxr 750 got the 38mm but not 100% sure.F it just search out some 38mm RS flatslides!!!You know you want to!!!!Lol.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It's a 1992 GSX1100G oil cooled. I'm not trying to spend a shit ton of money on just carbs as I'll never see that money when I go to sell it. I need the most cost effective way to get it tuned and running alright.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts

K in that case.Bandit 12 carbs.36 mm cvs.All good.Easy to get and relatively cheep.....

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Mine currently has 36mm carbs. I take it going to a 38mm would be a negligible difference? Also I'm hoping to get something that's gonna give me more fuel than what I've got now. Something that would be in line with my carbs if they had a stage III jet kit. That would save me the trouble and money from buying a jet kit and all that.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
38mm carbs would be an improvement. The trick is getting more air without going too big and losing velocity.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've heard the difference is negligible. I got some K&N dual pods coming that should work well. I'm really at this point, looking for a stage 3 kit for another model bike so I can get it for much cheaper. Carbs are too expensive from what Ive seen. Unless someone wants to give me a deal WINK WINK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts