Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Man I'm gonna be totally honest with you here. If you have to ask how to do that than it's probably too involved and advanced for you to do this and successfully rebuild the bike. If I were you I would get an FSM off Ebay. You can either do that or go on SVrider and look for a downloadable version you can print out yourself. If you're just trying to pull the engine thats one thing, but if you're trying to completely disassemble the whole bike like your thread title and post makes it seem than I think it's best you do a LOT of research first.

Also it's VITAL that you catalog all your parts, labeled and bagged and take tons of pics and video if you can to use for reference when it's time to put it all back together. Good luck man.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
take all the bolts out. easy. do get a service manual though. why do you need to tear it completely down?

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
What did you do to cars? Ever rebuilt a small block or did an engine swap? If you can do that you can pull a bike down to frame, really aint that hard, its all just nuts and bolts.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Shit just Tape up every thing real good and mask it off with Newspaper and Spray bomb the shit out of the Frame

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I wouldnt recommend doing that dude. You're not going to be able to degrease and scuff everything you need to in order to make sure that paint sticks and looks good in my opinion. If you were comfortable swapping engines in cars and shit then you probably have the guile to tear your bike apart. More important than labeling everything though is torquing everything to EXACTLY what the FSM recommends. You can get away with overtightening or having something be a hair loose on a car sometimes but on a bike it means crushed bearings or brake calipers falling off when youre riding. Ask me how I know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts