Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing thru a few "Concept Bikes"
when I found these two, made by Machineart.

here we have the EC3

Concept eC3 is a commuter variation that adds wind protection in addition to an integrated tail rack and side cases. The upper assembly is cantilevered from the top of the monocoque structure.

And then the EC2

Concept eC2 captures a sportbike flavor while retaining the same large seat and comfortable handlebar relationship of the eC1. It has minimal bodywork and a light, nose-down attitude. It evokes lightness and the image of an advanced vehicle.

eCycle estimates the hybrid will have the performance of a 250cc gas motorcycle, except top speed. Zero to sixty in 6 seconds and a top speed of 80mph. Fuel economy estimated at 150mpg with significantly lower emissions. A variety of engines may be used.

Specifications

The front suspension is a single-sided swing arm design matched perfectly to the aluminum monocoque frame.
The chassis is asymmetrical
eCycle's hybrid powertrain ideally lends itself to a forkless, single-sided front suspension.
A SolidSlot™ brushless motor/generator provides electric power - 42VDC up to 400A
A wide range of engines is possible
The battery bank consists of three 12 volt cells
Wheels are 16 x 3, CNC precision machined from pressure cast aluminum blanks manufactured by All American Wheel.
The front brake is an inside-out rotor with an opposed piston caliper with Performance Friction pads and is integrated with the front suspension upright.
The rear brake consists of a single-piston caliper with a floating rotor and Performance Friction brake pads
Tires are Pirelli MT75; the front is 100/80-16 and the rear 120/80-16
Two-speed transmission designed by eCycle
The final drive is Gates Polychain 30/71
The fuel tank capacity is .90 gallons
Front suspension is torsion complemented by a coil-over adjustable Penske Racing Shock
The rear suspension is a coil-over adjustable Penske Racing Shock
The wheelbase is 50 inches
Fully programmable vehicle management system
Weight is 220lbs (100kg)

I'm sure the MPG will appeal to some - but dang mang, I can see (what looks like) pop RIVOTS all over the body of that bike. It looks like a high school shop project. Then they're talkin " It evokes lightness and the image of an advanced vehicle" - yeah........wateva.

do you like it? would YOU buy it?

Miki

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
eeeeewwww......

looks like a segway for the rebellious types :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
umm. . . NO.

·
hack
729 Posts
not only are they :mk: ugly, but you probably need an engineering degree to do any engine work

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haelo said:
I'd rock a flat black version of the second one with a 'fighter headlight.
Boy! I need to slap the back o' yo haid!

They're talkin 80mph top speed! 80 mph!

see? that's why I'm slappin ya!

ha! ha! ha! ha!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I'd rock a turbo, 1000 cc, flat black version of the second one with a 'fighter headlight.

I haven't gone over 55 mph in 3 months anyway.

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
I did not know if I should puke or shit.. I opted for the puking over this set of ass ugly concepts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts