Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 03 kawi 636 that i have stripped down to sexy nakedness. Ever since I've bought it a couple of months ago I've had the idea of chopping the subframe,inspired by Bohr's 2011 zx6r build, essentially rendering the bike a one seater bobber/cafe-ish hybrid. Now the problem is that several people have told me that chopping the tail would spell out disaster in terms of stability and I'm not sure how close their statements are to reality. I know the tail of a sportbike has an aerodynamic purpose but what I want to know is if this will affect my bike's handling and if so, how?

Thanks.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
it might feel a little different on the butt dyno but unless you are racind down the salt flats it shouldnt matter much.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
You can buy another subframe for your bike for cheap on eBay. I'd buy a second 1 chop it see how it feels that way if you don't like it you can put the old 1 back on. I think the 2 spares I had but ill check again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright. Thanks a bunch fellas. That puts some fears to rest. I was considering buying a second subframe as well but I think I'll hold off on that in favor of saving up for the set of convertibars I want to install on my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts