Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, tell me if I'm crazy...

I've got this 78 CB750 that needs some attention. I can't make a decision to either keep this thing and do some work, or try to buy an SV650 this winter? If I were to keep it, I'd like to keep it's old-school essence with better rideability and spiced up cosmetics...

I'm strapped for money and I need a good bike - what should I do?!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
That bike is in horrid shape. Deffinatly not worth the time and energy. I think you should let me take it off your hands and go get that nice shiney SV. LOL!

:LolLolLolLol:

thats what i was thinking too.

CB as far as needing a good bike . . . i would probably go for the sv just because its probably more fun to ride.

on the other hand you have a real nice bike that could easily be turned into a cool cafe or some type of hybrid custom.

decisions decisions.

·
GURU
445 Posts
Depends on the work you want to do. If you wanna put some serious time into the cb, it could be an amazing bike. If you want something to just tinker with and mostly ride, get the sv. Atleast, that is my opinion.

Not saying the cb even needs serious work. But the sv will definitely be a better riding bike for less effort.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
^ agreed. when you want something to ride but your trying to do a complete custom job, 1 it usually costs more in the long run for some reason, and 2 you start getting sloppy with stuff.
i think it costs more because you go back and fix the slop and it ends up costing more money. but oh well.
i guess if your doing it as a winter project and dont plan on riding AT ALL then i'd keep the CB... it could look dope! but thats my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts