Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
600er Bandit mit 1052 ccm GSXR Motor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
At the moment I'm still working more badly than right on my tank. And this sheet metal work doesn't suit me at all. I'll only show you the pictures when it's done.

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts
You should have polished me after that !! I looked a little more than fantastic 😂😂
😂😂😂

At the moment I'm still working more badly than right on my tank. And this sheet metal work doesn't suit me at all. I'll only show you the pictures when it's done.
C'mon, show us what are you working on. I'm sure it exceeds our expectations. Aluminum gas tank? :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
😂😂😂

C'mon, show us what are you working on. I'm sure it exceeds our expectations. Aluminum gas tank? :D
So Vlad, I don't make the tank out of aluminum. I don't dare to lean that far out of the window "yet".

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
I see you haven't received my Christmas present to you yet. It's up to the Romanian post, not the German post. The package left Germany on December 16, 2021.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
So with the tank, it's going very, very, very slowly. You have to deal with the subject of sheet metal working with a form hammer first.
This is absolutely new to me !!!!!

So as already written the upper page was made by someone who can do it. What that person cannot keep his word is what the finished gas tank costs. I paid over double the agreed price and got a half-finished petrol tank for it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
so I somehow started to build something there. This is what the base looks like from below.

Helmet Automotive lighting Bumper Gas Hood

I definitely wanted to have the fuel gauge, so I installed the floor pan from a Suzuki Bandit type WVA9. I got the sheet metal, or rather the petrol tank, as a gift. The fuel barrel was from a fallen motorcycle. My welder wanted to weld in the sheets so that they overlap. So I roughly cut the sheet metal.
Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Gas Auto part Machine Automotive wheel system Metal

Honest ?????

Damn !!!! a huge crap !!!!!!
That is not mine !!!! I don't build like that !!! only sharp edges in the fuel tank.
So the old floor pan worked piece by piece with the serrated lock washer until the contour of the floor pan matches the contour of the petrol tank.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

It's hard to see, but it fits in perfectly.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
So with the tank, it's going very, very, very slowly. You have to deal with the subject of sheet metal working with a form hammer first.

So as already written the upper page was made by someone who can do it. What that person cannot keep his word is what the finished gas tank costs. I paid over double the agreed price and got a half-finished petrol tank for it.
Well Steve not all people stick to what is agreed. That is unfortunately the case !!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
I also had to knock the floor panel straight because it hit the upper frame cross tube. Now I've started to manufacture the first sheet metal myself.

Hood Automotive design Wood Art Bumper
Wood Floor Flooring Composite material Hardwood

It just occurred to me when I was planning that with the tank, but I ordered tools specially for it. (That was 4 years ago !!!!!!)

Toy Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

This is what the first 3 steel sheets looked like that I somehow managed to get there.

Naval architecture Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire

Shit work. Not mine, but you learn!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Took the tank home and tried it in the garage as it fits so far. Just shit !! The steel sheets are going in the wrong direction !!! For now it doesn't matter. Somehow I have to plan the further lower part, otherwise the fuel tank volume will be reduced.
It looks stupid but it has to be.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

This creates a sketch ........

Handwriting Product Font Material property Rectangle

............... a drawing from the sketch.

Rectangle Sleeve Font Automotive design Art

And now there’s something I can do again. Transfer the measurements to a sheet of metal and shape the whole thing with the folding bench !!!

Wood Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Floor

Wood Building Rectangle Composite material Flooring

Back to the motorcycle to check whether everything fits this time!

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

crappy to look at, but fits pretty well.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
So the rear old floor pan is now welded in, below the floor pan is welded off. IT STAYS SO !!!!!!

Gas Auto part Engineering Automotive wheel system Machine

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Flooring

Brown Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor

From now on the steel sheets made will be modified. The middle one is made new and the steel sheets on the left and right can still be changed.

Chair Finger Rectangle Wood Gas

Motor vehicle Chair Analog television Wood Gas

It's already going in the right direction!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Taken the fuel tank back into the garage to see where the fuel tap will be.
Marked and then quickly made 2 points with the cored wire welder. FITS !!!

Wood Bumper Gas Motor vehicle Musical instrument accessory

Another little check. As always, very little space. So then next week make the 2 missing steel sheets and then the fuel tank will be completely welded off.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior

I am happy when this chapter is finished.

·
Mr. Good Kat
430 Posts

This is the main reason why I started doing everything by myself. I'm tired of people wasting my money and my time.

You are doing a great work with your tank! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
First all the parts that can still be welded outside have been welded.

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk Automotive design

And then welded the whole thing into the petrol tank.

Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Then adjusted the front bracket in the garage ................

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Bumper

....................... and then everything welded on and the weld seams cleaned again to check.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Car Motor vehicle

So now over the Christmas holidays, adjust 2 small side plates from an old bandit gasoline tank (sponsored by Fighterchris - thank you again !!!!!!!) so that the tank follows the frame contour of the bandit very well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
The sheet metal from an original bandit gasoline tank was originally intended for the contour parallel to the frame.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Helmet

Much sanded until almost nothing was left.

So new plan. Of course I didn't like it again.

Sheet steel welded to the fuel tank on the right and left

Bicycle tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part

221 - 240 of 247 Posts