Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a bit quiet recently, i had meant to join in the Build-off this year with this bike, but really don't think i'll even have got started on this build by the half-way point. So I thought I would make a regular thread for the it and start detailing some of the parts gathering I've got going on. So, I picked up a spare frame for a 1000DS Multistrada about a month ago, with the plan to build a bike out of a lot of the "spares" I have left over from my 750SSie build (http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106962&page=58). Then I bought a mint condish 900SSie for a steal about 2 weeks ago:

It's pretty much the bike I've been trying to build for the last couple of years. So in fact, the 750 is going back to mostly stock and being sold. Which is sad..... but it means a lot of the trick parts can be used for this build! :thumbsup:

So it's this frame:

but instead of the 750 wet-clutch engine you see there, i'll be using this 900 monster lump:

With that alu swinger, 5 spoke marchi's front and rear.

Hopefully a lot of these shiny bits:

I'll be making new or modifying the stainless exhaust system I started for the ss:

I'll be breathing through dual pods (already tested, runs fine with no further mods for either air in or out changes #win):

And I've started gathering some other parts for what little "body" there will be:

Kinda got gouged on the tank, wasn't anywhere near as nice as the description suggested, might try and get another, newer one. But got a killer deal on the seat:

There isn't likely to be much movement until the xmas and NY celebrations are out of the way,

I have to re-build the 750 back to stock first, but hoping having a thread might keep it in my mind at least. :D Sub for somewhat distant updates!

·
10,442 Posts
that's a nice table of stuff, keeping an eye out for nicer wheels for my frame build, can't afford the £800 for the nice OZ ones on ebay tho , even though its a good price

·
Administrator
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That does seem like a good price for OZ! I think I got my 5-spoke OEM'ers for about £200 which is pretty much my max budget, but also a pretty good deal.

·
Breaking shit...
3,203 Posts
kinda looks like those two are in the shower together...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,352 Posts
Yea, feels like ages
Don't let him fool you. He works on stuff like a mad man and then slowly shows it to us even though the work has been done for weeks. It has probably already been on the dyno a few times for tuning.

·
Administrator
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Ya gonna D some fookin W or what Cookie?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts