Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
A baby stole my dingo!
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
G'day Ninja! How's that for coincidence?

I'll have to pop into CDA and have a look around one day. Thanks for the tip!

Not much has been happening as far as the bike is concerned, though I did make it to the footy on Sat. Wife scored free tickets from work. They were worth every cent to see the Bunnies get beat!

·
A baby stole my dingo!
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well it looks like the jet skis can go away. I think there was more sun than rain today for the first time in a few weeks. I even got some lawn mowing done!

Spent a little bit of time this evening doing a few things which I documented with my new Canon EOS600D, but until I can get those pics onto my tablet I'll just have to describe everything:

Radiator has been removed to get access to the exhaust.

Rusty old headers were removed with the aid of much swearing due to the rusted on nature of every but and bolt.

16 years worth of grime was cleaned off the front of the motor. It was caked on thick everywhere, like a blanket of muck which I'm sure the cooling system will thank me for removing.

New exhaust was given the once-over with some 600 grit, followed by a bit of 1200, to restore a little shine.

New muffler was mounted up, whereupon I discovered that the bolt holes don't match the flange on the end of the mid pipe. There's enough meat to drill and tap new threaded holes but that's a skill I haven't yet acquired.

The rat's nest of wires were relocated from under the headlight to the little cavity between the airbox and the head stock.

The filthy, dirty air filter was given a clean out with the K&N filter cleaning kit.

Fuel cap was given a quick polish and bolted back onto the tank.

That's it. On Friday, with the exception of the exhaust, I'm going to 99% finish this bitch! There is so much more I'd like to do, but the need to go for a ride outweighs any D'ing of W that I could be getting on with...

·
A baby stole my dingo!
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
IMG_20130308_183253.jpg

How she sits. Apologies for the shit quality webcam photo.

Went for a quick blat this arvo and found that the digital dash reads speed at half of what the speed is, and revs at double. I can sort the speedo issue by using four sensor magnets instead of two, but I don't know what to do with the tacho readout. Not a big issue though.

I knew when I bought the bike that the air filter would need cleaning, so I bought the K&N cleaning kit. Man, what a fucking difference that makes! Coupled with the new pipe it feels like there's 10+ extra HP everywhere! Didn't notice the midrange flat spot at all! :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey love the paint bloke ,lol ive got a measurement for the speedo ,if you need it to set the speedo up for to withing 1 k slower then the cops speedo as i used a gps to set it up

·
A baby stole my dingo!
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'll have ta come see you anyway Pete, got a small machining job requires doing. I can pay in cash or bourbon... And it doesn't surprise me one bit that you like the paint!

BTW, been trying to look you up on facey but there's a thousand blokes with the same name...

·
A baby stole my dingo!
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So this evening I pull up at the in laws residence. My lovely wife's favourite uncle is there, and he's a bit of a petrol head so I thought I'd get his opinion on how loud this new muffler is (according to my wife - it's loud). He said "Let me put it to you this way - Naomi said five minutes before you arrived that you were nearly here. Now it didn't sound like you were going fast but since then I've heard every time you've slowed down, sped up, or changed gears. I'd say it sounds like a cop magnet."

So I guess the volume is about right! :fu: :D

41 - 48 of 48 Posts