Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never made one... but nows the time to do it. does it matter what i make it out of or will some plastics melt? thanks guys.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
A lot of us use beer cans or pop cans of our favorite brand... gotta rep your fluid

Use high-temp silicone to stick the hoses in there or have somene weld a fitting onto the top of the can.

You can also buy a 8 oz coolant resevoir for like $10 on eBay that's got fittings already. Sanitys has one, maybe he can give you the link.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I got an awesome idea...oh wait.....its not gonna get leaked till I do it on my bike...then everyone can feel free to copy it. :party-smiley::party-smiley::rock::rock::rock::rock:

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i guss ill probably use the aluminium idea. i hate buying stuff off ebay and i dont like copying people. plus it will look kinda cool i guess. i'll probably get something engraved or do some cool design. i'll post pics when i'm done. thanks guys.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Someone on this site has a clear plastic one with a holder that has some cool as design, and he back lit it. Simply awesome idea, and anyone would be a deeeek to copy it...but cool idea for sure. :D

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Someone on this site has a clear plastic one with a holder that has some cool as design, and he back lit it. Simply awesome idea, and anyone would be a deeeek to copy it...but cool idea for sure. :D
That's djryanrhymes but I think it's glass. I could be wrong.

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no thanks sanitys. love your avatar though. free mustache rides for the girls in motorhead's avatar.
i dunno what im gonna do yet. i guess i'll think of something. i did make some progress tonight though. plastic welded mounts for my front fairing/number plate. started cutting all the useless brackets off the subframe. modified my gas tank bracket a little bit cuz it was bent. and got a seat pan made. not bad for a couple hours after work.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
old cars never had them. like smoke said they are "overflows" so just alittle low is the trick but watch how you go about it. . when it gets above 12 or 16 psi in there it the cap opens up to vent to the overflow so just be carefull. maybe run a hose from the vent to the ground just in case.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Man... my overflow bottle fills up if I leave enough fluid in to actually cool the bike. Running it low enough to not need the bottle usually starves the cooling system.

·
746 Posts
i think im going to JB weld some nipples onto a pilsner can so i can stuff the battery where the 900rr's huge overflow thing is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Look around for Bud/Budlight in special aluminum bottles, I don't like either but the bottles are cool looking, I think they're 20oz. I can get them easy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts