Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've hit a wall with my bike's body work. I decided not to waste anymore foam until i had something to cut it properly i can't seem to get caught up long enough to finish rigging that up. so in the meantime i thought i may try to put together a build thread for what i have so far. can someone photoshop this for me so i can can give a clearer idea of where this is going.

[/url]
Leonardo by m1sf3t, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]

[/url]
ninja turtle by m1sf3t, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
ninja turtle 2 by m1sf3t, on Flickr[/IMG]

The tape and the eyes are a little off, but im using the original air ducts to make the mask later, i just taped it to give you an idea of where they're gonna be. im gonna paint this piece solid green and cutting out the openings when i put the mask on. i'm putting off road lights in there for extra light and i'm going to cut out an opening for the oem headlight which will be tinted slightly green for the head and red (or blue in this case) at the very bottom for the mask. i want to come out wider from where the mid ferring ran and make two cone shape pieces for the cheeks that i'm going to route to feed the air box (larger ram air style induction). nothing below that except a logo'd water bottle for the reservoir. if someone would be so kind as to add the cones and color the fender green for the nose i would much appreciate it.

as far as the tail, i've only got the black mud guard on to just hold up everything. but the lights are roughly in the right spot and the foam is at the correct angles, i just don't have the software to color it in on my mac. at least i don't think i do. im still running snow leopard :doh:

[/url]

[/url]

·
If in doubt drill it out.
70 Posts
Hey man, I've done the rear as you wanted.

can you explain the front end in a more simplified way,
I'm not sure how you want it to look.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats pretty damn close right there duncan, i appreciate it man. looking at it in red, i think i may have had the tape proportions a little off. i think the airduct i'm using may have been a little slimmer at the eyes.

[/url]
06_Gixxer-01 by shephert, on Flickr[/IMG]

bring the red back over the green at top left, running to the tank and smooth out the sharp corner at the back of the "eye" the oem piece had. the pieces are going to overlap all thru here to keep a three dimensional feel. throw on these turbines

[/url]
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II by smithlarry93, on Flickr[/IMG]

under the nose (speaking of which, i think i have my next build in mind :Evil_smile:) paint them and the tail green and you've got pretty much got it.

Gotta paint shell on the tank
hell yea, was thinking getting a solid air brush artist to paint a detailed tank for me. i just spent 150 bucks (well a 150 buck worth of atd wrenches for it) on a mac paint gun so i'm probably gonna try to do the rest. metallic green and putting some goldish metallic highlights on the internals.

if i can ever get back to rigging up that foam cutter, im going to cut out a legit tail that flows with the tank. you cant tell it from the glare, but those lights are actually the oem's flipped upside down and taped together gave me a nice set of lines to shape towards.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres another you might can rotate to get a nice shape for the side view. the smaller end flowing toward the frame where the airduct runs.
[/url]
A-10 Warthog Engine by gnatallica, on Flickr[/IMG]

it may show to much of the front (rear of the engine in relation to the way the image sits ot the plane) opening tho, not sure.

·
If in doubt drill it out.
70 Posts
Hey man! I have a busy week planned.
I will try to get it done nicely by the end of the week. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dude that would be perfect. think i may get finished up with this latest car thursday, so provided everything goes smoothly with the hubs on my truck saturday, i'm gonna get back started bright and early sunday morning. :dancingmonkey:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts