Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idea is this, my superduke was getting me in trouble, sticking to country roads might keep me sane and out of trouble...
So less weight, more traction, skinnier, etc. More scrambler or dirt tracker than roadster. I like gravel and the slide, not doing any trails...
The mock up showing my pathetic aluminum welding work,( cheapo harris welding kit that wouldn't hold a neutral flame, now replaced crap regulators with dual stage regs so next work will be better I hope), single disc, etc.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
Remi's Dad
17,611 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the interest.

Hell of an intro. More pics?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Parts are coming in, fuel issues, electrical, brackets, lots to sort out. More to come in the next few weeks as progress is made worth noting...

Goal is to have it back on the road in a month or two. Still a fair amount of snow on the ground here but the clock is starting to tick.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Badass bike I'm with UF on this one stupid jealous. Can't wait to see where it goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, a little history on the bike. I bought it new in 2008. Proceeded to remove the subframe and have it powdered black to match the frame. Rode it a year in stock form. Things I didn't like we're the snatchy throttle, over gearing, wide tank, exhaust heat, fuel smell from exhaust, the way the exhaust guard/body panels would dig into my legs while standing on the pegs,( bad roads in this third world province I live in), and the rate it would go through expensive rear tires.
Things needed to change...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

First things first. Factory exhaust was replaced with Leo's of the ti variety. Akra map downloaded. Moto hooligan air box, removal of secondary air and all that crap that came with the bike, and put on a 40 tooth rear sprocket...
In a futile attempt to stretch the riding season hand guards and heated grips were added. Fast ways pegs were to help standing on the pegs in the wet on shit roads.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Holy fuck it looked sexy like but you have taken it to another level. Badass what do you have to finish her off?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Removal of the pesky offending rear body panels made me like the bikes look more.

Some time later I came across this picture on this site I think, ( my first vist following the google images link).

See, I always wanted an xr750. I had a xl1200 that weighed a ton and would make my teeth loose and my ass numb on rides so no more Harley's for that kind of riding for me but that picture ...

Wheels starting to turn, smoke smouldering...

In the mean time a few run ins with the provincial police and city/regional police forces had my license hurting and my wallet getting thin...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holy fuck it looked sexy like but you have taken it to another level. Badass what do you have to finish her off?
I'll get to that, taking time to get used to using this site...

And trying to show how/why I'm doing what I'm doing. I should be in the garage now working on it but I'm sick and haven't slept much so I'll dig up some more photos and continue on...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Moving along now,
What if it didn't have twin underseat pipes? Or bright orange bodywork that's so visible to the local constabulary...

Hmmm, Akra from my sold off 640...

It sounded great and shaved some weight, but strangled the top end a little...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Meanwhile...

The headlight bucket was shed for something a little tighter. Somewhere along the way the secondary butterflies were removed and fuelling/control was getting near perfect, thanks to TuneECU and the gangs map collection over at Superduke.net.

Comfort seat second hand for my lard ass makes an appearance. Noticed in the pictures that there are other things like damper, bar changes, levers and stuff not worth mentioning that happened along the way of making it my own...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All is well for a while

But winter sets in...

And the brain gets restless

Tank pilfered from my Norton project, (it was too short anyway right?)

But the thing is I had no garage, work could not be done in my shed at 20 below C, so I was at the mercy of my friend who let me store the bike in his heated garage.
This wouldn't do.

I dug deep and the better half indulged me...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.