Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
yes i believe there is a bit more involved in shortening the shock line. the fittings are special compression fittings used for high pressure applications. much like brake lines. thats what i did. i replaced the stock rubber one with braided stainless along with brake fittings that my brother had, bled the air out of the shock, then recharged the shock with nitrogen. i am not sure if this is up your alley but if you have the means or access to it, it isn't to big a project. if your local bike shop doesn't have the fittings or nitrogen, try and locate a race shop for cars or something. if all else fails send it my way with the length you want it and i can get my brother to do it. unfortunately it won't be free but i can't see it being to much. let me know and i can get you a price if your interested.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
sprbeast said:
yes i believe there is a bit more involved in shortening the shock line. the fittings are special compression fittings used for high pressure applications. much like brake lines. thats what i did. i replaced the stock rubber one with braided stainless along with brake fittings that my brother had, bled the air out of the shock, then recharged the shock with nitrogen. i am not sure if this is up your alley but if you have the means or access to it, it isn't to big a project. if your local bike shop doesn't have the fittings or nitrogen, try and locate a race shop for cars or something. if all else fails send it my way with the length you want it and i can get my brother to do it. unfortunately it won't be free but i can't see it being to much. let me know and i can get you a price if your interested.

Ooops, my bad..I read it too quickly, and in my mind, the question was, " How hard is it to shorten stock coolant lines? "

LMFAO:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.