Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, iv been on this forum for a week and am already reporting a crash on my hornet6. (minor one thankfully)

Dude decided to pull into my lane about 5 feet infront of me in slow moving traffic crushing my right leg and forcing me to let go of the bars and support my whole bike weight on my arm via his B pillar.

He then decided to drive a few feet causing me to almost drop the bike and bursting his rear tyre off of my rear footrest hanger. I now have a bruised knee, spraint ankle and pulled ligament from supporting the bike rather than the crash.

Suffice to say i wasnt perticularly happy and called the guy every name under the sun whilst inspecting my bike:

His damage:
Damaged rear pannel
Severe paint damage
Burst rear tyre
Destroyed Hub cap
Bootpring in door *cough*

My damage:
ummm.........
One scratch on the exhuast that im not entirely sure was from that crash.

Thank the lord for unfaired bikes and crash bungs.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Ya. I'd be ticked too man. No matter how much we watch for those guys, there will always be at least one of them that doesn't see us. Glad it was slow traffic man.

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
Any one who says "I didnt see that bike.." should have their License shredded!
Glad to hear your O.k

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Sounds like you faired better than I did, 2nd day out on the GSXR and I had a guy cut me off, missing my front tire by about 12", I pulled in the brakes and dumped the bike rather than slam head on into his car. He didn't shoulder check, didn't even glance in his mirror to see if the lane was clear. The guy took off once he saw I fell, the guy who was behind me took off and tried to chase him down. No luck, he was gone. My full fairing bike is no longer and is being turned into a fighter.

I walked away though, which is what matters. Other than being sore for a couple days, a couple scratches on my helmet, and a small tear in the shoulder of my Joe Rocket jacket, I faired quite well. The bike is another story LOL

Ryan

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
It's always good to hear when a fellow biker crashes and doesn't get severly hurt. The right gear and being alert will help out most of the time, but those damn cagers can do some crazy $hit. I hope he got a ticket for hitting you.

I hope he picks up the tab on medical bills.

the price of medical bills= expensive
Having your footprint embedded in his door= priceless.:knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
rdannar said:
the price of medical bills= expensive
Having your footprint embedded in his door= priceless.:knucks:

exactly what i was thinking!!

i've had a few offs and come out alright so far. (knock on wood). none of my previous accidents were because of cars tho...they were ALL on account of my own dumbass.

however if a car was involved, and (hopefully) i was okay.....you can be sure at the very LEAST there would be a boot print in the door.

stupid fuckin assholes dont have any business operating a 5000+ pound machine on roads with other citizens on them. i really wonder how these people make it thru every day life.

but i do agree with the statement of when they say ' i didnt see him' their license should be shredded.

IMO...this is the reason i dont like to ride in the beginning of the season. people forget about motorcycles and arent as careful as they are midseason. takes em a while to get used to haveing us around again.

dumb shits. :mad:

glad you guys made it out alright tho. my motto: tuck and roll baby!

:metal:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
I had a close call tonight Adam, someone squeezed be inbetween a curb and their Blazer. I jumped the curb, wish I'd gotten pics of Cerberus airborne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts