Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cRaZy8's 2003 Honda CBR 600 f4i - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
lookin good crazy. i think you should PC those heelguards or something so they blend in better with your sets and frame.
exhaust is looking good! i bet thats loud as FUCK!!!

oh btw...you should link this discussion thread in your User Profile! :D

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Adam, thats not a bad idea about the powder coat. I do have some parts going out to for PC later on, I may have to add those. What do you think about the color?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i think that color looks great! cant wait to see everything done like that!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
929_adam said:
oh btw...you should link this discussion thread in your User Profile! :D
oh ya, and that.

copy the URL of this thread ->go User CP -> edit profile -> scroll all the way down -> past the URL where it says build discussion!

handguards look good. you better be careful i guarantee one of those spikes shanks you at some point. hahaa.

whats gettin powdercoated and what color??

·
357 Posts
Rims are getting powder coat- matching the grey on the paint. I may have the heel guards PC'ed the same color.

My swingarm will probably get PC'ed as well. I have a friend that works at a machine shop, and is also very good fabricator, and welder. I am having him look into adding some custom braces to my swingarm. Not really for function, but more or less for looks. He has some ideas as to what he wants to do, so we will see how that goes.

Yeah- those hand guards are gonna have some of those spikes mounted in them; and I agree, I WILL be getting stabbed/scratched/prodded by them at some point. Also, the edges on the heel gaurds are freakin sharp, gotta watch my ankles lol.

·
357 Posts
Posted more pics in my build off thread today. Paint is done!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Looks good man, looks good! That front fender is quite similar to what I was planning on doing...not exact but similar. Your guy did a wicked job on that paint!

·
357 Posts
Im glad to hear the paint scheme is liked as much as it is. My boy will be happy as well! Kinda stuck down here in GA right now at school, itchin to put it together!!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i cant wait to see how that looks all put on the bike. thats a nice color combo.

·
357 Posts
So, now do I keep the tail as mentioned in my build off thread? I dont think it would be that hard to set up a quick disconnect system for the wiring on the tail. The subframe itself is only held up by four bolts. i think the trickiest part would be having the under tray that holds the battery and electrical stay on the frame while the tail is removed. Hmmmmmmmm....

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Crazy8 your bikes looking great man.

Maybe I need to take your jacket size now he he he.

Yeah liking the pain job as well

The front fender is about opposite what I want to do with mine. I planed on making a point and cutitng back the sides. like I said opposite.

A cool look though I liked it the minute I saw the pic. Good job bro.

·
357 Posts
This weekend Ill have some free time, so Im gonna try and make some head way on it. I still have a lot of parts still in mock up, that need final drilling/bolting/hacking/painting/powdercoating. I would like to get all my parts boxed up this week for the PC'er. Plus, I still cant decide on what to do with the wheels and swing arm.

My ideas-

Wheels- use stockers, polish lips PC the rest.
Swingarm- add bracing to stock (more so for looks), and PC same as wheels and heel guards.

Well see what I can get done! More pics to come!

·
357 Posts
Hey Steve- Ill send you a PM on the jacket size ;)

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
There now thats a positive attitude.....though I am positive I will win.. ha ha ha :D

·
357 Posts
Check my build off post- got some more work done today with pics. As we all know, most threads are worthless without pics! Still tryin to sort out what to do with the tail. If I dont run out of time while finishing up all the other stuff, I still wanna have a quick swap system for a shorty/regular tail.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
good shit crazy8. glad to see some dif. ideas for a common problem! good work!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts