Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no idea how much shit there was that you could do to a lil CRF 100!!! I just assumed no one really bothered making many parts for it, cuz it was so small, but I found some crazy shit out there. I found a 145cc Bore kit, as well as an light-weight aluminum frame with mounts to accomodate CR85 Expert suspension components, all kinds of crazy shit. Oooooh the ideas....... its just good to know that when I get bored of it, there will still be some life left in it with a few mods.:LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
its ummmm pretty expensive tho.

two bros def makes good exhaust, and its like half price.:rock:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i'd keep it stock....if you plan on riding it in your neighborhood....they just do not seem to appriciate the aftermarket pipes :bigred:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
haha. what does he care? he rides it at my house. lol.

i hear ya on that one. im def. not gonna make it a regular occurance to ride the 250 around the house.

yikes that beast is beastly.:nuts: :rock:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol are those trials 50 worthy or too rough?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
BigRed875 said:
lol are those trials 50 worthy or too rough?
what? did i miss something?:nuts:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i mean easy enough for a 50 to get down them..like no huge obsticles like stumps, huge ruts, roots, rocks etc....

i am hinting around that i wanna come and ride :p

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
oh....well. i got the 250 stuck for like 15 mins yesterday, so NO.

but im working on it. my boy is coming over with a quad to make the trail...then i'll go thru with clippers and a chainsaw, and clear out wutever else i need to. and move some logs so your 50 can get over em. heh.:yeah:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
well...i might not pull out the chainsaw. but the trail will be made accessable.

and if the quad doesnt do it. theres access to it from a sandpit about 500 feet down the road!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
ab420 said:
Oh believe me, the trails are being cleared! I will make sure of it! And we are definitely gonna make a nice trail all the way through to the sand pit, whatever it takes! :rock:
im glad to hear you feel that way, cuz you can help me clear it out. lol.:rock:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im glad to hear you feel that way, cuz you can help me clear it out.
Dude, I would've been there yesterday if it didn't rain! I can't wait to get that shit cleared out so we can tear it up!

Back to the original topic: CRF Mods:
BBR makes a RevBox, that removes the 9800rpm rev-limiter, and is a bolt-in replacement for the ignition. Its less than $50!!! Yippee!!! Apparently, the CRF 100 motor can pull all the way to 14,000 rpms!!!! But, power drops like a rock after 12,000, but the word is the most power it makes is right at 10,000 rpms, 200 more then I can get to now! So, $50 and I get to reach peak power of the motor (while stock), and get an extra 2200 usable rpms! Definitely gotta get in on this and the BBR exhaust. I also found some airbox vents that are $8.50/set of 6. You just drill 1" holes in the airbox, and these foam (washable) vents clip in place to let a ton more air into the engine. Anybody know about K&N air filters for CRF 100? Are they decent? I know they work well on cars, but not sure on bikes, but hell they're only $35.53, so maybe I'll just get it and find out. So, I think that's the first stage for me:

BBR Exhaust
BBR Rev Box
K&N Air Filter
Airbox Vents

That should get me a little more power, more usable rpms and also a meaner sound and look, I can't wait! :rock:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
rain? pussies...lol

hey miller if i were you I'd spend the money on some decent gear and replace stuff as it breaks....maybe another set of rims and some street tires so you can do some parking lot sessions...i am sure it is fast enough for now...

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Street tires will definitely be coming at some point...
Exhaust- eh, the stock one looks and sounds sooo weak and is pretty restrictive, so I gotta replace it at some point. The RevBox is cheap and I would like to rev a lil higher, so that ones cool. The vents I'm not so sure about, it seems a little sketchy to me. K&N would be kind of cool, cuz you don't have to replace them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts