Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hack
729 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:
CRF3's '97 Honda F3 project "Namonaki" Discussion

I'm pretty new to the streetfighter scene, but it seems that usually something bad happens to a bike to cause its Streetfighterisming. usually its a fall, this time just age... there are alot of terrible things out there, and stock is one of them. Sure stock is fine if you just dropped 10k on a sweet piece of machine. You got to at least get your moneys worth out of the plastics, right? I don't have that problem. paid 1k for the bike, did some plastic welding, some ebay shopping to get it and gave it just some general TLC to get it to where it is now. rode that for a year and now I'm tired of it. So back to ebay, this time as a seller. posted below are some pics of the bike as it sits (it was a busy holiday, nothing done yet). and some of the parts I have already. so far for planned mods I have:
-04/05 gsxr subframe
-lsl triple adapter (and bars, so far)
-ss brake lines
-new headlight (still undecided)
-??

here you go

Attachments

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok its tuesday night. got a little more work done. stripped out a screw while taking out the airbox Arrg! had to move up front and remove the gauge/fairing stay bracket instead. all other fairings are removed as well along with some other stuff that I'm too lazy to list....
here are some pics

Attachments

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heres a pic with the lsl bars on. I was sitting on the bike trying to decide if I liked the bars when my seat slid forward tried to catch myself on the bars but they were loose because I wanted to be able to adjust them. mostly just scared the shit out of myself a little. bars feel a little wide to me, looks like there might be some room to cut them down. havent decided yet. below also a pic of my poor mans bikes stand, better than working on your knees though

Attachments

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
today was a good day. got the controls on the new bars,got all the wires off the tail and broke out the band saw. passed the point of no return now. either I'm gonna get that new tail to fit or I'm parting out whats left of the bike. next up is what looks like the never ending process of moving and lengthening wires. if I'm not back in a couple of days, send help :confused:

Attachments

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I've been beat to death lately between my real job (the one that pays the bills) and the fun one (the bike). got the tail cleaned up for the new subframe, trying to figure out how to attach it now. got an azetc 8 single round headlight, got the engine mostly clean, needs a little more before it can be painted. painted the valve cover just to see what it would look like, it looks fuckin good. ground off all those extra little nubs on the frame that used to hold the wiring harness. starting to get somewhere

Attachments

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
frame is at welders, has been for a couple of weeks, will be for a couple of weeks more..... got my engine all cleaned up and painted a couple of the covers. I was gonna paint the whole thing but then I heard of people having trouble dissipating heat. what do you think of the way it looks with just a couple of cases painted? also covered most of the lines with copper braiding, really cleans it up IMO.

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres the new subframe, just back from the welder, looks great. did a nice job with it, glad I didnt try (I suck at welding)
. couldnt upload for some reason, just attached. posted the car because we just got it and I love it :D

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts