Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a friend in GA who can lay fiberglass really well......he was talking to me about wanting to make fairings/belly pans, cowls whatever and selling them. My questions to you all are, what so you think would be the most marketable and at what price(s)?

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the hard part is for headlights keeping it under 200 because of the lights themselves, unless we got a hookup with someone that had some nice lights for cheap. Tails he could probably do but i would have to ask him. He is going to give me some pics of stuff he had done.

·
746 Posts
Tails, deffinatly tails. There isnt much around for unique tails (IE not from an other bike) that isnt stupid expensive and/or "Ass up" german style.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
You don't need to offer them with the light. Just a cool looking surround that would fit a readily availible one, or one that could be cut to fit. That's gota be the hardest part about styling a fighter. Finding that right headlight...

Come to think of it, I think I just came up with my next instalment of Thinking Around the Box. Stay tuned...

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The powerbronze are just a generic look belly pan though, we were talking about a more custom looking style

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Just so no one feels they are getting their toes stepped on....I just wanted to throw out there that I talked about making some belly pans up for people in this thread from last week.

Post # 9.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5788

I am not saying don't get into belly pans..cause its a free market and anyone can do what ever they want. I am just kinda doing a CYA for myself, if you get something to market before I do, so no one talks smack about me coming out with something after the fact. :D

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ill let him know, the biggest thing is finding an average size to do them in so they arent to big for some bikes and to small for others.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts