Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be getting rims for a 93 gsxr 1100 for a killer price. they are for my buildoff bike, which is an 87 fz 700 with an 02 gsxr 750 front end.

they don't come with cush drive or rotors, so I need to know if the bolt pattern is the same for other years of gixxers. and if the cush drive from other years will fit the rear wheel?

I'm makin spacers and caliper hangers for the rear already, if I have to do the same for the front then oh well, I can deal.

right now I have 02 750 forks in custom tripples, with 01 600 calipers. now its lookin like I'll be gettin 93 gsxr 1100 wheels.

on another note, anybody got rotors and cush drive layin around?

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I have a rear rotor from a 95 1100. Check Ron Ayers to see if it's the same part#. I know it's the same for the 750, not sure for earlier years. I'll take pics if you like.

Edit: For the bolt pattern on the rotor side. They're the same as my SV's rotor since I used the SV rotor on the Gix wheel. The reason I had to use the SV rotor was so it can use the caliperwithout relocating it.

I'd see if your stock rotor will fit the pattern so you can still use your rear brake. Otherwise you will have a rotor that's too big or too small for the caliper hanger.

·
Registered
171 Posts
enrico vespa said:
I have a rear rotor from a 95 1100. Check Ron Ayers to see if it's the same part#. I know it's the same for the 750, not sure for earlier years. I'll take pics if you like.

Edit: For the bolt pattern on the rotor side. They're the same as my SV's rotor since I used the SV rotor on the Gix wheel. The reason I had to use the SV rotor was so it can use the caliperwithout relocating it.

I'd see if your stock rotor will fit the pattern so you can still use your rear brake. Otherwise you will have a rotor that's too big or too small for the caliper hanger.
Hahah you got that stuff from me :)

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
Yuppers.

Z's spacers (not Doug) had me worried for a bit cause it was abitch to fit the wheel into the swingarm. The brake hanger kept coming off or the spacer kept coming off while hitting the hanger. Definately not a 1 man job. Finally I got it on, I get nightmares for when it's time for me to replace the tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts