Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I was driving around town today and saw this thing on the street. Pulled over to take a look and ended up taking it for a test ride. Absolute beast... Super fun and handled well. He wants 2000 bucks and wont go lower. Its a 97 Bandit 1200 with some custom work done. I know there are a couple funny looking bits but the motor and tranny felt awesome and it was a rocket. 29,000 total miles. Just looking for some input on it and whether or not its a good deal. The only thing that's troubling is that there is no odometer because it was in the fairing he removed. So how does that work when I go to register it?

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I can't help but like it.... I dunno if its worth 2k or not, really depends how well the engine has been taken care of... But damn, I like the way that bike looks. The more I look at it the more I like.

As far as registering it, tell them whatever you want, its not like they're going to go out and look. (none I took it to ever did)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the guy says its well taken care of and starts right up and idles and sounds great... oil in the viewing window looked fresh too. The thing rips... I turned out of the neighborhood and laid down a 50 foot tire mark. I think I am going to get it. hhaah

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
id buy it... im building one now as we speak... only its gonna cost more

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
thats a fatboy wheel up front

Reactions: shotgun

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i wanna see how that tanks mounted

Reactions: tucsonKZ1kP

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he changed the frame for the tank mount and said it was a 750 suzuki tank... im buying it after work. harley fat boy wheel and tire up front with buell disc brakes. the rear wheel and tire is off of a honda i think lol and the rear swinger and forks are stock. all i know is, holy shit the thing is fun.

Figure ill ride the piss out of it. like i said, i was leaving tire tracks on the test drive. it was awesome. ahah ive ridden a lot of bikes before but none this fun.... including a 2013 s1000rr bimmer.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
That thing just looks like a junkyard beast. Lucky bastard finding it.

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
that thing is sweet. love the fat front on it.

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I had to look for a second to find the plate. Good eye and it really is a cool bike.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I like how the exhaust is mounted. Cool small details. I'm not even a fan of pod filters, but they look good on that bike. The only thing I'm really not fond of is the mirror. I'd have to swap it to a small round one like shotgun's or something.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Feedback and advice are appreciated. The bike is filthy and that breather is dirty as hell so I gotta clean a bunch of stuff

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Wicked. That breather is for the crank. Smoke may be desert dust

1 - 20 of 108 Posts